VR-09 Layering sounds from the same group?

Forum for the V-Combo instruments including older models such as the VR-730 and VR-760
Fubar

VR-09 Layering sounds from the same group?

Post by Fubar »

Hi Guys,

Recently picked up a Roland VR-09 Combi Keyboard; I bought it for the Hammond sounds, but it has tons of other usable sounds.

I want to layer two sounds from the same group but can’t figure out how; to layer two sounds is as easy as pressing 2 instrument group buttons simultaneously, and you can then select the desired sound from each group.

My problem is that I want to use two sounds from the same group, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to select them (I know it is possible because one of the factory patches does this).

Thanks in advance,

George
Fubar

Re: VR-09 Layering sounds from the same group?

Post by Fubar »

Sussed it!

G
Vitus

Post by Vitus »

The layering sounds from the same sound section(group) are possible. First create a layering sound from different groups and then change one sound to another.
flatback

Post by flatback »

Thanks for the tips; I was trying to beef up the Mono Piano sound .. initially added Synth, and saved it as a Reg. However I now want to alter the Synth to another Piano sound. This I can do - sounds good to my ears - but what ever I do I can't actually save the new "Mono Piano + Piano" sound it reverts back to the pre-saved Piano + Synth Reg. even pressing Enter! Grrr! Can you help?
flatback

Post by flatback »

If anybody comes looking here with the same problem, check this Roland Training Video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKyxNAtQc_U

It explains everything!