Changing Tones Via MIDI

Forum for the V-Combo instruments including older models such as the VR-730 and VR-760
yocummr

Changing Tones Via MIDI

Post by yocummr »

Hi folks,

I am new to the VR-09 and would like to send Bank Select MSB LSB and Program Change messages to select the unit’s voices, just like you would manually, with no layer or split. For example, the VR-09 MIDI Implementation shows:

Piano Section
[E. Piano]

‘60s E.Piano PC# 59(3Ah), CC0 5(05h), CC32 0(00H)

When I send these messages over MIDI Channel 1, the VR-09 goes into Dual mode, with the ‘60s E.Piano voice on the lower part. That’s not what I want; I simply want 60s E.Piano as the only voice, like it would be if I just powered up the VR-09, hit the E.Piano button, and scrolled down to ‘60s E.Piano.

I am aware of the MIDI In Mode settings and the fact the Registrations are not selectable via MIDI. I am reasonably technical, so an example of how to send the proper MIDI message(s) to set ‘60s E.Piano as the only voice wouid help me tremendously!

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Mike
anotherscott

Re: Changing Tones Via MIDI

Post by anotherscott »

Using MIDI Mode 2, I would try sending the Program Change on either channel 4 (Upper) or channel 16 (Control), rather than channel 1. I don't currently have a way to try this, I'll be curious to know if either of those solve your problem.