Split keyboard to stereo output

Forum for the V-Combo instruments including older models such as the VR-730 and VR-760
myowenself

Split keyboard to stereo output

Post by myowenself »

I am new here and new to VR09 so sorry if dumb question. I thought I would be able to have a stereo out with the left hand on one output and the right hand on the other output. Reason is I expect more need for foot volume control on right without affecting the left (bass line). Can't figure out how to do that. Got a passive volume control on outputs without success, both sounds come on both outputs. Just ordered an expression pedal, maybe that will help?
anotherscott

Re: Split keyboard to stereo output

Post by anotherscott »

Unfortunately, this is a feature the VRs don't have. There is no function to assign sounds to a particular output, or to pan sounds to one side or the other. There is a 3rd-party editor that can add a bit of this functionality, but it is limited... it doesn't work if one of your sounds is organ, or if one of your sounds is inherently stereo (like most if not all piano sounds).
kiskadar69

Re: Split keyboard to stereo output

Post by kiskadar69 »

The expression pedal can be the solution, because you can choose what it affects. If you select "UPPER/DUAL1", the effect will apply to the upper part if using Split, or to part 1 if using Dual.