Draw bars and knobs midi usb?

Forum for the V-Combo instruments including older models such as the VR-730 and VR-760
dievas

Draw bars and knobs midi usb?

Post by dievas »

Hi

Are the draw bars of the instrument able to send ADSR through midi usb to DAW in order to control soft synths?

Does the knobs send midi too to Daw?

Thanks!
dievas

Re: Draw bars and knobs midi usb?

Post by dievas »

Hello?

Anybody here?
Rialas

Post by Rialas »

Hi. I no longer have my vr09b.
It did not send out cc’s from the drawbars unfortunately.
anotherscott2022

Post by anotherscott2022 »

You could run an app on the computer (or iOS device) on which you're running the DAW, to convert the sysex the Roland sends to the MIDI CCs the soft synths want. But if it's for soft synths, you may not want to run a DAW at all, unless you already have and are comfortable with it, because it's usually easier to run soft synths through an app designed specifically for hosting than it is to run them through a DAW. Examples: Mainstage (Mac), Cantabile (PC), Gig Performer (Mac/PC), Keystage (iOS), Camelot Pro (Mac/PC/iOS). They may even do all you need. I know people have configured Keystage to take the Roland CCs and convert them to MIDI CCs.
dievas

Post by dievas »

Thank you very much for answering my question. Wow bad luck. I just bought a VR730 at Thomann and it's on its way. I wanted to control the ADSR of the vst Nexus 3 through Reaper.