Fantom waves

The workstation, redefined
Benis67

Re: Fantom waves

Post by Benis67 »

The are more than 5000 multisamples in 4 banks :-) No one has published the list yet :-)
Benis67

Post by Benis67 »

new info about sound list
-Bank B contains the first 459 patches from the AX-Edge Keytar
-Bank C is the 128 patches from the Integra-7 Synth Legends expansion.
-Bank D contains the 1109 SuperNatural Synth Tones from the Integra-7 / FA synths
-Bank E contains the 896 patches from in the XV-5080.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... 8-a-4.html
Benis67

Post by Benis67 »

I've completed the list;
-Bank A new unpublished sounds
-Bank B contains the first 459 tone list from the AX-Edge Keytar
-Bank D contains the 1109 SuperNatural Synth Tones from the Integra-7 / FA synths
-Bank CMN contains the remaining 837 tone list from the AX-Edge Keytar (from 460 to 1296)

P.S. All the 1296 tone list from the AX-Edge Keytar are included in the new Fantom. All the PCM 1083 multisamples of XV-5080 (included in Roland Cloud JV1080 and in Integra -7) and all the 450 PCM SuperNATURAL Synth Tone of Integra -7 are included in the new Fantom
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

Benis67 wrote:I've completed the list;
-Bank A new unpublished sounds
-Bank B contains the first 459 tone list from the AX-Edge Keytar
-Bank CMN contains the remaining 837 tone list from the AX-Edge Keytar (from 460 to 1296)
Any idea of the significance of calling the sixth bank CMN? Also, someone posted somewhere that CMN included the Integra's GM2 kit... maybe that GM2 kit is a subset of the AX-Edge set?
Tejaso

Post by Tejaso »

I also am looking for the rom waveform list. It is puzzling why they would omit something that for programming purposes is really helpful to see a list of wavs in hard copy, not scrolling through one at a time.
Per

Post by Per »

The partials are not samples, they are zen core presets that may be built upon a PCM sample or the VA, therefore there are many more of them than actual samples. There are in fact under 2k PCMs arranged in 4 banks by default on the Fantom. I’m not sure if the updated downloadable banks include additional PCMs or only new partial and zone presets using the existing banks.
Tejaso

Post by Tejaso »

No matter what you put as a term, partial, part, etc, there are several banks of waveforms. Roland used to include the list in each product manual. No such list has yet surfaced. If you dig into the guts, and are familiar with last synths, you’ll see a lot of wav names that are familiar. But again, for those interested in programming the Fantom, having a good reference is a must have. Something that Roland should have left in the manual.
danx

Post by danx »

Seems to me that Jupiter Xm has all the Fantom waves plus the dedicated analog engines...??
Isn´t the Fantom suposed to be big brother?
mostinif

Post by mostinif »

danx wrote:Seems to me that Jupiter Xm has all the Fantom waves plus the dedicated analog engines...??
Isn´t the Fantom suposed to be big brother?
Hi, Jupiter Xm has the same sound generator than Fantom: Zen Core. This engine supports multiples sound generation's technologies. Virtual Analog, PCM, PWM, filters, LFOs... effects...
Fantom has vPiano engine included, you can mix and layer together with the zen core sounds (Zone 1 only).
danx

Post by danx »

I should have waited and bought the Xm instead the Fantom....
in other words..where are those analog engines for Fantom!
mostinif

Post by mostinif »

danx wrote:I should have waited and bought the Xm instead the Fantom....
in other words..where are those analog engines for Fantom!
Danx: The vPiano engine aside, all the patches available on the Fantom are produced by Zen Core.
Selected any tone, from the menu, through the TONE option, all the parameters that define it are available. Each of the oscillators - called partials - that make up the tone (they are 4) can be modified to fit the requirements. In your case, you can set the partial type to VA (Virtual Analog). Then you can choose a sine, triangular, saw, square waveform.... along a LOTs of other parameters....
Per

Post by Per »

The Jupiter has some extra filters and I believe other “engines” than just the VA. The Fantom has VA, PCM, Drum and VPiano engines, it does however have a touchscreen. You can think of the relationship between the two like lieutenant Dan and Forest.
arfy

Post by arfy »

Tangential, and several years later... But, how does this relate to what presets are available in zenology pro? Here's what I think I've come up with.
Bank A, new sounds, but cut down from the fantom.
Banks B, C, D and E. same as fantom.
Bank F, same as CMN bank in the fantom
Bank G, same as CMN drums bank in the fantom, but maybe cut down? I can't tell.
Also, why no Xv-5080 drums in either fantom or zenology? Presumably all the waveforms are there...

arfy