V-Synth vs Fantom

The workstation, redefined
Loopman

V-Synth vs Fantom

Post by Loopman »

Hello everyone,
I have a question:
To date, leaving aside the multisampling, with regard to creative sampling is the V-Synth still superior to the Fantom? Or has the V-Synth been outdated?

Thanks
cello

Re: V-Synth vs Fantom

Post by cello »

Whilst the Fantom is a mighty powerful keyboard, it doesn't even come slightly close to the overall creative sampling power of the V-Synth.
Loopman

Post by Loopman »

Great, this is the confirmation that I was waiting for.
So, just to be clear, Fantom's feature (in firmware 2.0) where you can use the user sample as an oscillator doesn't even come close to what the V-Synth can do with the same feature, right?

Now, It would be a dream if Roland finally made a new model of V-Synth, I think it would be great for all the fans who love it.
What do you think about to create an official request to propose to Roland? We could take a poll among all users here and send it to Roland with the hope of receiving a response.
cello

Post by cello »

Loopman wrote: 22:03, 30 April 2021So, just to be clear, Fantom's feature (in firmware 2.0) where you can use the user sample as an oscillator doesn't even come close to what the V-Synth can do with the same feature, right?
Nope. Fantom can't do Vari-Phrase, just for a start.

Loopman wrote: 22:03, 30 April 2021Now, It would be a dream if Roland finally made a new model of V-Synth, I think it would be great for all the fans who love it.
What do you think about to create an official request to propose to Roland? We could take a poll among all users here and send it to Roland with the hope of receiving a response.
There's no doubt the Fantom has the processing power to do what the V-Synth did with much less capability. Whether Roland decides to use that power for V-Synth stuff is unknown and won't be known until they release it!
Fa-tulist

Post by Fa-tulist »

I want Variphrase sampler so badly, that I bought Fantom just in case Roland would release a V-Synth update for it. I got so good deal for Fantom, that I would never have forgiven my self for not grabbing it if Roland released Variphrase update for it.