What I did on my Summer vacation

The workstation, redefined
skeeter135

What I did on my Summer vacation

Post by skeeter135 »

I'm a long time user of the Fantom x8. It broke sometime back and I recently replaced it with a Korg X-50. Was still missing y fantom so I purchased a Fantom XR> The hoops one has to jump through to get it to talk to windows is a nuff to make you wanna buy a Mac and Yamaha. I tried every procedure on here at least 4 times to get the drivers for Win 10 installed. I'm not kidding I have spent two weeks trying to get these to works. Butt I discovered something, If you try to install the drivers and it fails it leaves lots amd lots of nasty crumbs in you registry. I spent hours trying to clean it up, never knowing if it was clean or not. It leaves keys called Roland, RDIFFF1045, AMD64, Etc. The only way I could be sure was to do a complete reinstall of windows 10. Export the registry file first, then begin to try install the drivers. If an attempt fails import your virgin registry file. This worked for me on the second try. So you can add this the the list of things to try when installing win 10 drivers.

Its been a long hard 2 weeks but I finally got it. Thanks Roland