Selecting MIDI channel changes “on the fly”

The workstation, redefined
Mack

Selecting MIDI channel changes “on the fly”

Post by Mack »

Hello, I’m playing live and I’d like to use my Fantom 07 to play some sounds from my rack modules. In other words, let’s say I have 16 different sounds each assigned to a dedicated channel. Is there a quick (hopefully one-touch) way to switch between transmit channels?

A big thank you in advance for any help!
xp30

Re: Selecting MIDI channel changes “on the fly”

Post by xp30 »

Mack wrote: 15:07, 29 March 2024 Hello, I’m playing live and I’d like to use my Fantom 07 to play some sounds from my rack modules. In other words, let’s say I have 16 different sounds each assigned to a dedicated channel. Is there a quick (hopefully one-touch) way to switch between transmit channels?
Each (external) part has a transmit channel, and you can use keyboard switch groups to quickly switch between groups of parts using the pads, similar to how you can switch between groups of internal parts.
Mack

Post by Mack »

Thank you! Even sitting with a user manual in my hand for it, I end up looking like a dog looking at a tv set
FGM

Post by FGM »

i build a Chain with 16 scenes.

I set a pedal to INC and S3 to DEC, on each scene.

Each scene is saved with a different Main zone, no layering, with a MIDI Ch matching the zone number (default).

So scene 1 has Zone 1 as Main and transmitting Ch1, scene 8 has Zone 8 as Main and transmitting Ch8...scene 16 has Zone 16 as Main and transmitting Ch16.

As I press the pedal a different scene is working, with its main zone ready to send that single MIDI Channel.

If you are using a DAW, see my scripts for REAPER, a pack dedicated to MIDI Channels is of much help.
Latest addition is FGM #MIDI Channel Redirector, completing the set.

With this collection of scripts one can have several tracks attending a single channel, but in the FX chain that input can then be
redirected to another different channel, to some others or even to all, so you can have for example OPUS player loaded with
5 voices, each attending a channel and then each selected key in Fantom sending different notes to different voices within OPUS
thanks to the managment convertion of the input channel... So great !!!!

MIDI Management
--------------------------------------------------
#NOTES WALL

#CC WALL

#MIDI WALL

#MIDI Ch Layering

#MIDI Channel Shifter

#MIDI Channel Redirector

#MIDI Any Ch into Omni

#MIDI 1 Receiver

#MIDI 2 Receiver

#MIDI 3 Receiver

#MIDI 4 Receiver

#MIDI 5 Receiver

#MIDI 6 Receiver

#MIDI 7 Receiver

#MIDI 8 Receiver

#MIDI 9 Receiver

#MIDI 10 Receiver

#MIDI 11 Receiver

#MIDI 12 Receiver

#MIDI 13 Receiver

#MIDI 14 Receiver

#MIDI 15 Receiver

#MIDI 16 Receiver

--------------------------------------------------

FGM Wood. Maestro's Keyboard Arsenal: Actions & Effects Scripts.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=279068

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹