Fantom O and Fantom compatibility

The workstation, redefined
Frédéric

Re: Fantom O and Fantom compatibility

Post by Frédéric »

xp30 wrote: 15:16, 21 April 2024 Things that I might try in this situation:
  • Create a backup, and perform a factory reset, to check if it works after the factory reset.
  • Initialize a scene on the Fantom-0, create a simple pattern, export it and import it into the big Fantom. If it works, then iterate and increase the complexity of the scene, until it stops working. This might help if there is anything special about your scenes that prevent the correct import.
  • Contact Roland support.

I did it and exactly the same, no pattern imported !!!

Can you export from your Fantom the 2 scenes I sent you and send me ?
We never know ? Maybe it work on mine

Thanks for your help
xp30

Post by xp30 »

Frédéric wrote: 16:35, 21 April 2024 Can you export from your Fantom the 2 scenes I sent you and send me ?
I did export them and compared the exported files against the imported files. They are identical, except for two parts in the FANTOM.SVD file. There are differences in the sections "SYSaKY19" and "DIFaKY19". The former contains the system settings, which are ignored during the import, and they should have no effect. I am not sure what the latter contains. However, I am fairly sure that it has no effect on the import.
Frédéric

Post by Frédéric »

xp30 wrote: 08:29, 22 April 2024
Frédéric wrote: 16:35, 21 April 2024 Can you export from your Fantom the 2 scenes I sent you and send me ?
I did export them and compared the exported files against the imported files. They are identical, except for two parts in the FANTOM.SVD file. There are differences in the sections "SYSaKY19" and "DIFaKY19". The former contains the system settings, which are ignored during the import, and they should have no effect. I am not sure what the latter contains. However, I am fairly sure that it has no effect on the import.
I tried again,
The factory scenes of the Fantom 0 are imported perfectly on my big Fantom but not the ones I created.
I don't understand why they work on your big Fantom
xp30

Post by xp30 »

Frédéric wrote: 14:47, 22 April 2024 The factory scenes of the Fantom 0 are imported perfectly on my big Fantom but not the ones I created.
I do not know why it works on my Fantom, and not on yours. As mentioned before, I am using the EX upgrade. It might be the reason, however, I would not buy the upgrade just because of it. It would be good if there would at least be a 3rd person with a big Fantom to get at least one more data point about what these Fantoms have in common.

I still wonder if there is something special about your scenes/patterns. Do you have many scenes with patterns? Are some of them imported correctly, or none of them? What is the simplest scene with patterns that is not imported correctly? Can you re-create such a scene starting from an initialized scene?
Frédéric

Post by Frédéric »

xp30 wrote: 08:30, 23 April 2024
Frédéric wrote: 14:47, 22 April 2024 The factory scenes of the Fantom 0 are imported perfectly on my big Fantom but not the ones I created.
I do not know why it works on my Fantom, and not on yours. As mentioned before, I am using the EX upgrade. It might be the reason, however, I would not buy the upgrade just because of it. It would be good if there would at least be a 3rd person with a big Fantom to get at least one more data point about what these Fantoms have in common.

I still wonder if there is something special about your scenes/patterns. Do you have many scenes with patterns? Are some of them imported correctly, or none of them? What is the simplest scene with patterns that is not imported correctly? Can you re-create such a scene starting from an initialized scene?

I have a good new.
When purchasing the big fantom, the ex upgrade was included by downloading it with an activation key.
an offer from the store
I didn't do it in first because I wanted to ensure the compatibility of the scenes between the Fantoms.

As you had installed the upgrade and everything was ok for you, I have installed the upgrade and everything works perfectly.

I would like to thank you for your help