Requests to Roland (official)

The workstation, redefined
theshine

Re: Requests to Roland (official)

Post by theshine »

Priority #1 - Fix the crashing/freezing issue.... everything else will be an added bonus.
BillySynth

Post by BillySynth »

Given that the piano is the most significant instrument, and basically most of us trained and learned at the piano, you would think that this instrument would be the most detailed component of any workstation.

The V Piano should crap all over PianoTeq but it doesn’t. Why have they taken away the silver and copper string parameters of the V Piano?? Instead of making it more advanced they take away from it and undermine it!! They make it inferior to what it originally was. What type of logic is that?

Up the anti on the V Piano immediately please...this is the King of instruments!

Vas
Manchester UK

Post by Manchester UK »

Save song created as WAV
HansT2

Post by HansT2 »

cello wrote:Hi everyone - Roland is keen to engage with Fantom fans and hear what requests they have for future features of the Fantom platform. So, what would you like to see Roland work on next? Over to you!

I'll be compiling a list of suggestion at the end of September to submit to Roland.

(Polite notice - any insulting or plain unreasonable suggestions will be removed!)

HI.

I have an urgent request regarding the Fantom 6/7/8 sequenser. The New sequenser enables TR recording and pattern recording. A track can consist of up to eight patterns each with a length of up to 32 measures. This is a fast and easy way of making music, especially when doing EDM or any music based on repeating blocks. Great! However, the New sequenser has a fundamental weakness when working with non-repeating-based music, such as classical music or jazz. That is to be able to record and play a whole track through a whole song, ex a 113 measures or longer without stopping after 32 measures. Or, lets say if I have recorded four or five tracks and just want to go directly in on in measure number 55 to 58, just to record a detail. How do I just step in without having to arrange a lot of patterns to be able to record those few notes? And what about markers for quick punch in recording and microscope editing?

My point is: The New Fantom should be able to record in TR mode, pattern mode, sted mode, AND the classic way of recording throughout the whole song just by pressing record and play thru the whole song in one take. Please bring this to Roland ! The New Fantom deserves to be a complete stand alone workstation. .
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

1. While in pattern utility, pressing record key exits utility and back into record.
2. Assign sequencer groups to the pads. Be able to select per pad if one shot or loops. The idea is to arrange the sequence on the fly.
Oleq

Post by Oleq »

(not exclusively for Fantoms)
A Search lane
Like the one in Finder (Mac)
Immediate.
No spaces.
You typed in j — and only the items which name contains this letter stay in the Patch (or whatever) list below the Search lane.
You typed in piz — and Pizzagogo is among the search results.
Fa-tulist

Post by Fa-tulist »

V-Synth!!!

Also SuperNatural acoustic 2

But most of all, V-Synth!!!
danx

Post by danx »

User samples to create drum kits
Pads improvement
https://gofile.io/?c=9Wpsyu

Multisample
Sequencer micro edit
Analog Filter modulation
Per

Post by Per »

More robust MIDI. Hot swapping USB MIDI peripherals shouldn't cause problems or require restarts to work. Additionally the EXT Devices USB ports should offer MIDI over USB (ideally both send and receive, and even more ideally if they could also have audio over USB too).
Loopman

Post by Loopman »

V-Synth,please!!
Add :

- AP (Articulative Phrase) SYNTHESIS technology
- Elastic Audio Synthesis engine
- VariPhrase technology
- Time Trip pad controller: please add those features to the Fantom Motional pad

it would be a dream for me, who knows if roland will ever read these words of mine..
midimooger

Post by midimooger »

Add Boss RC30 LOOPER PEDAL FUNCTIONALITY as 4th recording mode.

I truely like the three different approaches
to sequence recording in the new Fantom 8. These three different
approaches make the new Fantoms extremely versatile and make
them into composing "instruments" inspiring our musicial creativity.
A completely different experience for me, compared to recording
with logic.

But, do not stop with these three approaches. Add a fourth
method that is missing in all synthesizers/workstations:
The ability to record with a footswitch, functioning as a
looper pedal, in other words the ability to record into a
running loop with record toggled on and off by a footswitch
and, say, erase of the last record by double click on the switch.

This would be a big benefit for those of us who also record guitar,
bass tracks, or those who want to add two handed piano
improvisations/ideas on the fly. Pressing a record button
stops the creative work flow very often (unless you are very
disciplined). What a great enhancement this would be to the
already amazing fantoms! And it should be easy to implement.
doobox

Post by doobox »

Ability to record the main filter control (knob) change during recording. It does not appear to be detected as a control change during recording currently.
taglia74

Post by taglia74 »

-Zones volume morphing by use of wheal.
- hammond clone
- ep clone
- super natural sound
Loopman

Post by Loopman »

Hello,
please add the " I-Arpeggio" feature derived from the Jupiter X

Thanks
RFID

Post by RFID »

Since I could no longer edit a post I'd made I decided on a re-post to add another next-level function we all *enjoy using

1. Audio track recording - 24 to 48 tracks (48kHz, 24 bit).
2. Multi-sampling with velocity and after-touch on pads.
3. Real-time pitch-shift and time-stretch of samples assigned to pads.
4. Re-sample directly to pads from internal synth.
4. Micro-editing in piano roll with editable pitch, velocity, note length.
5. Expression-pedal control of motion pad.
6. *Randomize Mode

*All sounds and scenes can have various levels of randomization. Basically, the ability to randomize sounds, selectable Scene elements or full Scenes. Include sketch function where you can use the Randomize features while maintaining your original Scene set up- with no worry of copying over it.

And now that I think about it, having an advanced Randomization function should definitely be extended to the TR recording section as well for randomization of kits and sequence steps of various scales for melodic parts and/or chords.

Keep all setups of Randomization in ROM memory so when turning the Fantom back on later, the last Random mode sketch is loaded automatically- a slight workflow improvement like that is always welcome.

Thanks again:)