Bugs Thread (Hardware/Firmware/Software)

The workstation, redefined
tjcornish

Re: Bugs Thread (Hardware/Firmware/Software)

Post by tjcornish »

With software 2.5, tempo entry bug:

In scene select mode or zone view, Press the Tempo button to bring up the tempo popup. Doubletap the red tempo line to bring up the 10-key pad. Start typing a new tempo, the displayed tempo will change to 5, and your new value is not saved. Only way to save a tempo is to use the wheel.
andywt21

Post by andywt21 »

tjcornish wrote: 21:04, 4 November 2021 With software 2.5, tempo entry bug:

In scene select mode or zone view, Press the Tempo button to bring up the tempo popup. Doubletap the red tempo line to bring up the 10-key pad. Start typing a new tempo, the displayed tempo will change to 5, and your new value is not saved. Only way to save a tempo is to use the wheel.
Its required to type 4 or 5 digits, last two of them will go into fractional part. For example type 8500 for 85.00 BPM or 0977 for 9.77 BPM, or 12345 for 123.45 BPM.
tjcornish

Post by tjcornish »

Thank you - that is it. It's strange- why not add a decimal point button and allow direct entry?
FGM

Post by FGM »

Billions of blue blistering barnacles...!!!!
So that was the way....!!!!
Nearly two years thanking the jog wheel while circumnavigating and thinking it was a not worth mentioning minor glitch.
Which, in fact, turns out to be but for a couple of software enginees after a bad night's sleep.
You really deserve the highest scuba diving award into Fantom and bad sleeping joking minds.
solveit68

Re: Randomly flashing sample pads, TRC REC and more

Post by solveit68 »

pianoman41 wrote: 00:58, 13 April 2021
Xios15 wrote: 10:47, 12 April 2021 Has anyone else had issues where the sample pad or the TRC REC strip would randomly flash for a split second a colour it isn't supposed to be?
What about when it's powering off?

I've had this problem since the second week of owning the fantom 8 and had to have it repaired. Turns out one of the looms inside was loose or something, which in turn made the fantom power off just randomly... (this by the way was on top of the random flashy lights)

So I sent it off to the repair place and now it doesn't randomly turn off but all the random flashy lights are still a problem.

It was serviced and cleared to be sent back to be so it can't be the hardware's fault right?

Anyways I hope someone could shed some light on this problem and what is going on, and if it is a bug then get the Fantom team to put it on their to-do list (which I appreciate is big).
The TR-REC flashing lights has been reported since the first release and original firmware. Mine still does it (although not as often as it did with earlier firmware). Some have said they eliminated the problem by going into the system settings and adjusting the LED brightness so it's not at max. That did seem to help (although not completely eliminate my flashing lights).
I have the same problem here (FW 2.50). Is there any more recent information, an official statement or will a new firmware solve the problem?
napsfan

Scene write loses zone settings!

Post by napsfan »

Setup: Connected to Logic (Mac mini M1) with Fantom local control off. I select a zone in Logic, then on the Fantom, pick a voice, select OK, and then write the scene to save everything. Sometimes it works. But for some zones, it always loses my tone and instead says "0001:", with the "USER" tone selector lit.

Very frustrating. Why does Write Scene keep changing / losing my zone settings? Seems like a definite bug.

UPDATE: Figured it out. If you let the DAW have control, the zone that is selected in the DAW at the time of the Write Scene action, is the one that gets messed up. So as a workaround, just create one extra track in Logic and always click on that prior to saving the scene on the Fantom. Seems to work.
napsfan

Re: Scene write loses zone settings!

Post by napsfan »

... and further, why does the scene always have a yellow asterisk, even right after I write the scene? I'm not understanding something perhaps. Or there are frustrating bugs.
mndst

Post by mndst »

Arpeggios start with single note regardless of motif setting.

I'm using the Fantom with firmware version 3.00.
While applying any of the build in arpeggios and using the motif as chord, the first note you hear is the first note pressed and not the chord as a whole. The second note of the arpeggio will give the full triad.

I think this is a bug as I expect the full chord to be heard from the start.
jinder1s

Post by jinder1s »

Hi,
The midi output from my workstation to my mac laptop is always trasposed 1 octave lower. For example, if I press the key C4 and watch the midi output, it always comes out to C3. This is true for all the keys. I've updated the device to the most recent version.

Any help would be appreciated!
jinder1s

Post by jinder1s »

Hi,
Second bug:
I connected my microphone to the mic 1 input. When I just want raw mic input, it works fine. I can hear my voice in my headphones just fine.
However, when I turn on the vocoder(with Mic Mix level set to 0), I can no longer hear my voice. I played around with settings a ton and if I increase "Mic Mix Level", I can hear my voice again. As far as I can tell, the vocoder is suppressing the voice input. I have no clue why. I would love to play with the vocoder, so please help!
bomdabba

Post by bomdabba »

Now I can't be sure when it came but I think with 2.5 or 3.0 but it's not been fixed for me in 3.01 and tbh it's blowing in the wind i.e. could be a Safari update or a Catalina thing but basically at some point I've started to get clicks in the audio that comes out of Safari. So that goes for listening to Youtube and Spotify in the browser (I only have Safari, not willing to install other browsers on this little SSD).

I have a 2019 i3 Mac Mini on Catalina 10.15.7. This will never be updated beyond Catalina for compatibility's sake. I've been stung too many times over the past oooh 20 years so that's the OS this computer is staying on. Now, there has been a security update for Catalina (2022-005) but tbh I'm even reluctant to install that because for once in my life everything just works. All my pro software, peripherals, everything else that uses Core audio so that's Ableton 11, Wavelab Pro 10.0, Geist 2, Mainstage. All those things work at low latency but Safari is giving me glitches.

But the glitches are different than the typical too low buffer glitches and indeed changing/reverting the Fantom daemon buffers does nothing, changing audio/midi settings does nothing, reloading Safari, clearing PRAM, nothing. The glitches often seem to related to the amplitude of the audio which is something I've never experienced before. And every now and then they just won't present themselves.

I get the impression that it may be something to do with RAM & Safari but I'm at a loss as to how to ascertain. The easy next step would be to try the 2022-005 10.15.7 update but like I say, if 'it' (all my proper software) isn't broke then don't try to fix 'it' (Safari audio which is mainly just general home computer stuff).

Anybody think you can advise me of next steps to try?

I have an external SSD which I bought to back up/revert to but I can't decide which of Time Capsule (has it's own issues ime) or Carbon Copy Cloner to use in that case and I'm not even certain if I want to go that direction vs backing up important documents.

Any thoughts/tips greatly appreciated. And I know I'm being prudent to a fault but I've had so many problems over the last 20 years with Mac/PC etc etc that for once I want to sit tight, just would be nice to listen to Youtube/Spotify via the browser without glitches!

Cheers (:
xp30

Post by xp30 »

VTW tones do not respect zone parameter Hold Type LEGATO.

VTW tones seem to ignore the zone parameter Hold Type, and always behave as if the parameter is set to STACK (default value).

How to reproduce: Initialize scene, select zone 2, select first VTW tone (001 Tone Wheel Organ), change Hold Type to LEGATO (for zone 2), press hold pedal, press and release C4, press D4. Expected behavior: C4 stops sounding. Actual behavior: C4 keeps sounding.

Z-Core tones with redamper switch do not respect zone parameter Hold Type LEGATO.

Example tone is PR-A 0189 Ac Pop Piano 1, and the steps to reproduce are similar to above. However, this situation is slightly more complicated, because redamper switch obviously has some interaction with the hold pedal.
bomdabba

Post by bomdabba »

bomdabba wrote: 22:39, 14 August 2022 Now I can't be sure...

...just would be nice to listen to Youtube/Spotify via the browser without glitches!
I probably shouldn't have posted that in this thread, apologies for that, my frustration obvs got the better of me.

Just posting to say that if you are getting glitches with Coreaudio from macOS try force quitting coreaudiod in activity monitor. It did what resetting PRAM /SMC wouldn't.

cheers
djegozaninism

Post by djegozaninism »

HELP!!!! hello, I need some help! I need a firmware version older than 3.01, or 3. Could someone send me.