Buyers beware

The workstation, redefined
Rahboo

Buyers beware

Post by Rahboo »

Nowhere near worth the price. The New Fantom is not a workstation, it is a basic tone module with a sequencer and a few cool but not needed bells and whistles.

This new Fantom has less capability’s than my old Fantom x7. Being an owner of the x7 I was assuming this would be an upgrade, a newer version, I was woefully wrong. I made the same mistake with the fa06.

I’m jumping ship moving back to Korg, should have purchased the Kronos. For people that have never owned a Fantom x or g series keyboard you probably won’t realize how much Roland has left out of the basicc performance capabilities but, trust me this board is like a piece of bread without the fixings just a rushed incomplete concept.

Don’t waste your money!!!!!
0kk0p3kk4

Re: Buyers beware

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

Currently, seems to be lacking a lot from previous models, also as a whole, kronos seems to have More for the money.
So, It sure has its flaws, however, its very easy and fast to use for many purposes and has even now a huge sonic power. Also holds a "promise" of future feature development. Next update or two Will be interesting!
NicoIntegra

Post by NicoIntegra »

I just received my Fantom 8, It's a worksatation and a synthesizer; I have Montage too and many people said it's not a workstation because no sequencer, but now after some updates, it's better;
I think Fantom will have updates too, but at this time it's a great keyboard, awsome Vpiano engine, awsome keys -same as RD2000), and very confortable sequencer and editing possibilities.
Screen response is as good as my Ipad.
My first keyboard was Roland U20, no sequencer inside, I bought MC50MK2 2 years later (1993-1994) , but some worksation already existed (from Korg, Yamaha, and Roland with JW50, JV1000 and XP series some years later).
marctronixx

clickbait

Post by marctronixx »

OP, who are you the workstation police? Do you work for yamaha? I dont get why jokers need to come onto a forum and try to discourage people from purchasing something? its their money, and they can do what they want with it.

ive had the F8 since it was shipping and its been everything I NEED in a work station. you dont like it, thats your right.

these types of threads are meaningless--they also cause the riff raff to come out of the woodwork and go out of their way to bash the product. low hanging fruit.
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

Mr. M, did u refer to me?
If you did, gotta say, ur writing maybe had some mis-points. However, I wasnt the thread starter, nor did I say I dont like something. Just stating things that users seem to say and acknowledge overall. Its a very good board subjectivily saying.
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

0kk0p3kk4 wrote:Mr. M, did u refer to me?
If you did, gotta say, ur writing maybe had some mis-points. However, I wasnt the thread starter, nor did I say I dont like something. Just stating things that users seem to say and acknowledge overall. Its a very good board subjectivily saying.
I thought he was referring to the original post: Buyer Beware...new Fantom not a workstation...
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

Synthtron wrote: I thought he was referring to the original post: Buyer Beware...new Fantom not a workstation...
Ah, as in Orig.Post and not urs truly initials :D
Thanks man!
cello

Post by cello »

I'm locking this thread for two reasons;

1. It's pointless

2. Wait and see...