About the 1.50 beta update

The workstation, redefined
cello

About the 1.50 beta update

Post by cello »

For those of you who are downloading the beta OS - these are what I've found so far. And we now have SN strings and brass! :)

Pads can be triggered by sequencer

Alpha patch finder

Favourite patch

Export / import tones

Vocoder

Multi select on piano roll

Remember to download the new soundpacks too! -> https://www.roland.com/global/promos/zen-core/

Also - many of these updates show that Roland has been listening. This is something we should remember - the Fantom is a platform, not a destination :)
RichardT

Re: About the 1.50 beta update

Post by RichardT »

With previous versions of the Fantom OS, I could press and hold SHIFT and operate a pedal and the Assign screen for pedals would be automatically displayed. This does not appear to be working in the 1.50 beta release.

The SHIFT and operate-a-control technique does still work for buttons, wheels, knobs and sliders.
thorr

Post by thorr »

Finally I can login to this forum. I have been wanting to for weeks, but until today I never could receive my activation email and there was no way to contact anyone to tell them I was having trouble. I have a Fantom 8 and have had a lot of questions that I have had to figure out on my own until now, so I am excited to finally be a part of this community.

I am currently at work, so I can't try it yet, but I was wondering about the SuperNatural sounds. Are they part of the actual 1.50 beta release, or are they part of the additional downloads? I have looked through all the downloads on Axial and on the Synthesis page and I don't see SuperNatural mentioned anywhere. I do see Brass and String downloads, but I am not sure if those are the SuperNatual ones. Thanks!

-Mike
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

thorr wrote:I am currently at work, so I can't try it yet, but I was wondering about the SuperNatural sounds. Are they part of the actual 1.50 beta release, or are they part of the additional downloads? I have looked through all the downloads on Axial and on the Synthesis page and I don't see SuperNatural mentioned anywhere. I do see Brass and String downloads, but I am not sure if those are the SuperNatual ones. Thanks!

-Mike
Welcome to the forum! The SuperNatural sounds come with the soundpacks referred to by @cello above. However, you need to upgrade to the 1.50 beta OS to be able to use those soundpacks.
danx

Post by danx »

Pads can be triggered by sequencer
Only in note pad function,in sample pad not work yet.
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

I've just been watching the following video that describes how to use the vocoder in the 1.50 beta release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCbcu17G5Fs

Wow! there certainly are a lot of options to configure!
synthguy99

Post by synthguy99 »

As an innocent bystander, I must say that I'm super happy about the speed of development of the Fantom. Particularly because... it is in a partly finished state, so they need to keep grinding away on development. ;P

But I would definitely have one now if I had the money. The sounds are compelling, and it's such a nicely advanced VA, up there with the VA synths in the Kronos from all the demos I hear. Even with all the new toys at NAMM, and hints of things to come, the Fantom is my most lusted after synth. By the way, does the blurb about the SN engine being more advanced indicate that we're getting a 2.0??
RichardT

Post by RichardT »

There is a minor discrepancy I've noticed when switching between zones containing different supernatural tones, in a scene.

Some tones will display different parameters at the bottom of the screen. For example, the "SN-A PRST 0011 Large Choir Ah" tone will display "Variation" above function knob E1 and "Hold Legato Mode" above knob E2. Whereas the "SN-A PRST 0030 Violin 1" tone will display "Variation" above E1, but "Noise Level" above E2. When you switch between the zones containing these tones, the second parameter doesn't change on the screen until you rotate E2.

In contrast, if you have zones containing two non-supernatural tones (e.g. "VPno USER 0001 Stage Grand" and "Z-Core PR-A 0189 Ac Pop Piano 1") then the appropriate parameters are displayed as soon as you switch between the zones - you don't have to rotate a knob to get them to change.

This is not much of a problem, but it is inconsistent behaviour. It doesn't even apply to all supernatural sounds as saxophones' parameters do change without rotating a knob!
JOHN G

Post by JOHN G »

I don't see anything on that page, with the link provided, to download expansion soundpaks....
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

With the latest update, everything has moved to the Roland Cloud. You need to sign up for a free Roland Cloud account, download the Cloud manager, and use that do download the expansion packs. Read the instructions that come with the latest system update.

And the trial period for the ZEN-Core sound packs has expired, They can now be purchased on Roland Cloud for $0.99.