bad customer support

The workstation, redefined
pietermeij

bad customer support

Post by pietermeij »

Hi!

I am thinking about buying the new Roland Fantom (actually I am thinking this since the Fantom was introduced in 2019).

However, I have a few questions, so I thought it was a good idea to ask Roland first.

So, last year I created a Roland Back Stage account, checked the pre-sales enquiry box, posted my questions and I got the message that I had submitted correctly. I am living in the Netherlands so I used my local Roland website which is Roland Benelux.

After a few weeks...no answer....so I posted again...and again no answer.

Last week I gave it another try...again...not a single response.

I keep on reading that Roland Customer Support is so fantastic but I hope you understand that I have totally different feelings about this. I can understand that maybe they are unable to answer my questions...but at least they could respond...but as I said...nothing!

I am sure the Fantom is a great product but I am just not going to buy it when customer support is totally absent. The problem is...I cannot call them by phone...there is just not a single phone number on their site.
Email seems to be the only way to contact them.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues with customer support or do you have any tips for me?
Please let me know!

Thanks!

Pieter
FGM

Re: bad customer support

Post by FGM »

I am so sorry to hear that... Roland support is great, indeed.

I can tell you for sure I registered my first Fantom 8 in December 2019 (returned lately as a faulty unit) and again in January 2020 (new flawless Fantom, outstanding keyboard and being improved now and then) and every single question I have made to Roland (e-mailing) so far asking for support has been answered within 24 hours. At times saying it was too complex and had to be investigated, but finally answered as soon as they got the matter resolved.
pietermeij

Post by pietermeij »

Thank you!

Yes, that is indeed a totally different experience. This is also what I expected from a company like Roland.

I am almost thinking something went wrong in the proces of sending these emails, but like I said, after submitting I do get a notification that my enquiry has been sent.

Maybe I should try another Roland location.

Best regards,

Pieter
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Presales questions are handled by your dealer or forums like Roland Clan or Roland Fantom Platform FB page. I would ask questions here or on the FB page in lieu of opening a support ticket.
pietermeij

Post by pietermeij »

Hi Devnor,

Thanks! But if you login with your Roland Backstage account you get the option (it is even the first one) to ask presales questions. And that is exactly what I did.

I mean, after three attempts to contact them and still not getting a single reply is not very encouraging.

It is just not what I expect from a brand like Roland.

Regards,

Pieter
ioish

Post by ioish »

Man I am from India and I got my fantom 8 back in August. I still haven't received answers to any questions I've asked.
danx

Post by danx »

Customer support sucks depend the country you're on.
Sutur

Post by Sutur »

Sorry to say, but Roland support doesn't exist.

Their previous flagship Fantom G was never a finished product since it lacks several critical features which in fact were available in their older Fantom X. They just abandon their product and release a new product with new missing features you desperately need. Same with the Integra-7, which is a nice module, packed with patches. I once spoke with a representative of Roland BeNeLux, submitting a problem with the I-7. They just claim is't not a bug but a feature. Don't expect anything from them.

To be clear, I love some of their products. But don't rely on support. It's not there.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Sutur wrote: 16:34, 12 January 2022 To be clear, I love some of their products. But don't rely on support. It's not there.
Same here. Their blanket denial of the Fantom XR display issue was one of several reasons why I won't buy Roland anymore.
My last big purchase was Korg, and the support from them has been superb.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

You guys sound like my ex; still complaining about something that happened 2 decades ago. It's a different Roland.
wave

Post by wave »

I won't throw petrol on fire, but I had an awful experience with Roland Tech Support. I'm located in Italy and own a Fantom 7 since an year ago. I encountered some issues attempting to install SDZ sound sets I bought the relevant Lifetime keys. I immediately got a "Incorrect License" error message and tech support was completely unable to help. Instead of suggesting me to power up Fantom with Tempo button pressed and then remove the license, they kept asking the number of the SDZ sound set that refused to be imported. Unfortunately, having bought the complete SDZ collection, none of the sound set could be imported... Again Roland Tech Support insisted on asking the number of the SDZ sound set that refused to be imported. In a nutshell they made me losing a lot of time without giving an useful answer.