Sample edit while in scene mode?

The workstation, redefined
Luc

Sample edit while in scene mode?

Post by Luc »

Hi,

I'm looking to update my old Fantom X6 and I wonder if the Fantom series can do sample editing while in scene/combo mode?
Something the X6 can do and enables changing the start sample point to analyze a sample and play along.

Thanks!
Luc
xp30

Re: Sample edit while in scene mode?

Post by xp30 »

Luc wrote: 21:50, 28 March 2023 I'm looking to update my old Fantom X6 and I wonder if the Fantom series can do sample editing while in scene/combo mode?
Something the X6 can do and enables changing the start sample point to analyze a sample and play along.
I am not familiar with the Fantom X6. However, if I understand you correctly, then it works similarly on the Fantom.

When editing the sample parameters (e.g. start point, loop point, loop mode), you are not leaving the scene, and all (temporary) edits to the scene and tones remain intact. If you change the parameters of a keyboard sample that is used by one of the tones in the scenes, then the changes will become effective immediately. More specifically, with the next key trigger.
neomad

Post by neomad »

However, samples are shared across all the scenes in the Fantom, not linked to particular scene
Luc

Post by Luc »

xp30 wrote: 21:22, 29 March 2023
Luc wrote: 21:50, 28 March 2023 I'm looking to update my old Fantom X6 and I wonder if the Fantom series can do sample editing while in scene/combo mode?
I am not familiar with the Fantom X6. However, if I understand you correctly, then it works similarly on the Fantom.

When editing the sample parameters (e.g. start point, loop point, loop mode), you are not leaving the scene, and all (temporary) edits to the scene and tones remain intact. If you change the parameters of a keyboard sample that is used by one of the tones in the scenes, then the changes will become effective immediately. More specifically, with the next key trigger.
Great, thanks for confirming! One scenario is to set lowest key to a recording sample with rest of keyboard to play along. Changing the sample start point while playing and using the pitch bender to slow the sample further down, allows you to analyze much quicker.