No sound when recording or playing back MIDI parts from Fantom 8 in Logic

The workstation, redefined
Cheeg

No sound when recording or playing back MIDI parts from Fantom 8 in Logic

Post by Cheeg »

Hi all,

When I try to record MIDI from my Fantom 8 to Logic Pro, there’s no sound. The MIDI notes can be seen, the track metering shows that something is being played, and the MIDI notes are recorded. I just can’t hear anything during recording or during playback.

Switching to an audio track in Logic allows me to hear and record the part as an audio track. So no issues there.

What am I doing wrong here with the MIDI approach?
DevilPuncher

Re: No sound when recording or playing back MIDI parts from Fantom 8 in Logic

Post by DevilPuncher »

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue and was about to start a new post but decided to search first to see if somebody was having the same issue. It looks like nobody responded to you. Did you get it resolved? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks you for any help.
FGM

Post by FGM »

Hi...

I am being told....

1. **Check MIDI Connections**: Make sure your Fantom 8 is properly connected to your computer via MIDI cables or USB, and that Logic Pro is set to receive MIDI input from the Fantom.

2. **MIDI Thru**: Check if your Fantom 8 has a MIDI Thru setting enabled. If so, try disabling it as it may interfere with MIDI playback.

3. **MIDI Channel**: Ensure that the MIDI channel on your Fantom 8 matches the MIDI channel of the track in Logic Pro. If they don't match, Logic Pro won't receive the MIDI data.

4. **Software Monitoring**: In Logic Pro, make sure that Software Monitoring is enabled for the MIDI track you're recording on. This allows you to hear the MIDI input during recording and playback.

5. **MIDI Output Destination**: Check the MIDI output destination settings in your Fantom 8. It should be set to send MIDI data to Logic Pro.

6. **MIDI Preferences**: Double-check the MIDI preferences/settings in Logic Pro to ensure that your Fantom 8 is properly recognized and configured as a MIDI input device.

7. **Restart**: Sometimes simply restarting both your Fantom 8 and Logic Pro can resolve MIDI-related issues.

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹
Stakie

Post by Stakie »

Hi!

Is the audio input in Logic set to “Fantom”?
noel_vd

Post by noel_vd »

Did you assign an instrument to the midi track ?