Fantom 6,7,8 v3.02

The workstation, redefined
FGM

Re: Fantom 6,7,8 v3.02

Post by FGM »

Yes, MaikyPii: it is a Roland Fantom 8 !!!!

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹
MaikyPii

Post by MaikyPii »

happyfantomuser wrote: 22:05, 10 October 2023 Hey guys. This isn't the big update! : ) See more here!

https://articles.roland.com/roland-engi ... 1R5p7aiqgc

The important part is....

"What can FANTOM users look forward to soon?

The FANTOM Development Team has been working hard to unveil a massive breakthrough: bringing Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) to FANTOM. We are excited to share this, plus other new expansions and features, with all FANTOM users very soon."

Update drops in November!
So, I watched the Ed Diaz Video about his new studio setup and read the article about Fantom´s development. I think there won´t be another firmware update soon (quote Diaz: "make sure you have the latest firmware installed") but the ACP expansion is coming in November. I guess it will be the same as with the n-zyme: one will have to pay for it. But to be honest, that´d be totally fine with me to pay for upgrades. I do that almost every year with my DAW or some other VST plug in stuff. So why shouldn´t this be okay with hardware. I´d even pay for an amazing firmware 4.0...so everyone can decide by themselves whether to upgrade or not. Anyway, pretty much looking forward to November and the new expansion(s)! that will make the Fantom even better than it is already :)

P.S. also watched some Montage M videos: Everybody here puts his pants on the same way as you - keep your Fantoms!
anotherscott2022

Post by anotherscott2022 »

Unfortunately, I agree that a November-ish system update looks unlikely. If they were going to release a major update imminently, I don't think they'd release a relatively minor update so soon before it. Yes, it's nice that they have fixed some long standing issues, but they ARE long-standing and another month or so wouldn't have made much difference, I think, compared to the nuisance of telling everyone to update the firmware in their board, then telling everyone to update it again a month or so later. But I hope I'm wrong!
FGM

Post by FGM »

anotherscott2022 wrote: 15:46, 19 October 2023 Unfortunately, I agree that a November-ish system update looks unlikely. If they were going to release a major update imminently, I don't think they'd release a relatively minor update so soon before it. Yes, it's nice that they have fixed some long standing issues, but they ARE long-standing and another month or so wouldn't have made much difference, I think, compared to the nuisance of telling everyone to update the firmware in their board, then telling everyone to update it again a month or so later. But I hope I'm wrong!
I want a Roland Fantom 8Mx by October 2029...

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹