set up for logic , focus rite 2i2 and fantom 06 advice?

The workstation, redefined
2bcool

set up for logic , focus rite 2i2 and fantom 06 advice?

Post by 2bcool »

hello
I just got my new fantom 06 and I am at that stage where everything is complicated.
im working my way through the fantom, I figured out vocoder which is great, scenes and zones ..
haven't got to grips with the fx yet or the pads.

but my first worry is setting it up with logic on an M! Mac.
I know you need to use rosetta to use the logic integration but I really dont want to do that since it effects other plugins I have.

so ignoring the fact roland won't give us an M1 non rosetta version, I would ike some advice how to use logic with fantom and focus rite 2i2.

took me weeks to figure out I can do an aggregate for fantom and 2i2. I have audio in/out on input 1-2, and fantom in/outs on 2-34.

it records midi ok and plays back fine. I will need to record sound from the fantom as audio at some point. do I set up midi tracks for fantom and also audio tracks to record fantom down as audio ? do I need to change to MIX not parallel to do this as a stereo track ?

when I record fantom midi on a track, it plays back but logic won't do a bounce in place on that track or freeze doesn't work either ..any ideas please?

I was wondering if a better approach would be to have mic input to 2i2 then out put leads to input on the fantom then output to my amp/speakers ?
its a lot more leads though .. and will it be any better ?

please if you are using fantom with logic ( and possible a focus rite) please let me know how you use it ? many thanks