Fantom 7 glitch?

The workstation, redefined
RussIsaac

Fantom 7 glitch?

Post by RussIsaac »

Hi, am relatively new user getting to grips. Have created a bunch of scenes with various zones set in each scene and all was good for a while.
Last week I switched on and virtually all the scenes had an issue - the sound I had set in Zone 1 had been lost and, instead, it just says Tone 0001 / No assign, and the USER section button is selected instead of the sound group I had previously selected (I.e SYNTH).

Couple days later it righted itself and all the correct Zone 1 sounds were back in place.

Today I switch on and all Zone 1’s are set to USER Tone 0001 again. If I program the right sound in Zone1 and save the scene, go out and come back in, it’s back to Tone 0001 / No assign.

Can’t risk turning up to a gig and this happening - has anyone heard of similar or could shed any light on this?

The only thing I’ve changed has been adding an A49 second keyboard to run midi in.
Appreciate any help.
xp30

Re: Fantom 7 glitch?

Post by xp30 »

RussIsaac wrote: 12:42, 22 October 2023 Today I switch on and all Zone 1’s are set to USER Tone 0001 again. If I program the right sound in Zone1 and save the scene, go out and come back in, it’s back to Tone 0001 / No assign.
It would be good to rule out that it has anything to do with something that is connected to the Fantom. The next time it happens, disconnect everything except power and headphones, and check if the problem still persists.

I remember a user with a similar problem, and it turned out that their MIDI interface was the culprit.
mostinif

Re: Fantom 7 glitch?

Post by mostinif »

Hi,
RussIsaac wrote: 12:42, 22 October 2023 Hi, ..........

The only thing I’ve changed has been adding an A49 second keyboard to run midi in.
Appreciate any help.
It's very weird!!

As a try, go to MENU->SYSTEM->MIDI, on Fantom 7

Then switch off all MIDI Receive options:
Program Change = OFF
Bank Select = OFF
Exclusive (SYSEX) = OFF
Save changes (WRITE)

Then having the scenes properly configured ( each zone with the right tone, etc) and saved,
power off and power on all devices

This happens to me with Cakewalk DAW when MIDI file in the DAW contains some PC/BS/SYSEX messages.

Best regards,
Flavio