FGM

Fantom 8 + DAW. Loving it.

Post by FGM »

My collection of scripts allowing Fantom
to handle the utmost detail when performing
live while supported by REAPER DAW is
nearing completion.

Scripts so easy to use I cannot tell.

FGM Wood. Maestro's Keyboard Arsenal: Actions & Effects Scripts.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=279068

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹
neomad

Re: Fantom 8 + DAW. Loving it.

Post by neomad »

Amazing work ! but... do you have a video or mp3 to list what are used for? I don't use Reaper, would like to understand 'para que sirven' gracias :-)
FGM

Post by FGM »

They are used to layer the orchestration so that when you play the Fantom, it sounds like a symphonic orchestra.

My greatest achievement so far is a song that lasts about 11 minutes, played using channels 1 to 8. It consists of 273 tracks and utilizes 975 plugins (including scripts and VSTs). The keyboard and pedals (for scene changes that set a different channel) are the only tools used.

Even velocity is managed by the scripts, allowing you to simply play the keys without needing to remember any special touch at that moment.

You can just play, as if you were conducting the orchestra.

Some of my songs are already published in this forum.

Scripts clearly indicate their purpose and are very easy to use.

Delay, length, key shifts, added notes, polyphony, velocity, channel filtering... everything needed.

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹"
neomad

Post by neomad »

Interesting, thank you.

I have dealt with scripts in other platforms (Kontakt), but seems to be an amazing tool in Reaper. Are you using the internal Fantom sounds?

Are where can I listen to the 11 minutes song that you are refering to?

Gracias
FGM

Post by FGM »

I am very much interested in those scripts for Kontakt, let me know...

Regarding my project, it has now been reduced to 117 tracks and 723 FX thanks to my scripts and the new Container system implemented from V7.00 and it lasts 11:41.

Here is a link, song and mixer screen, should you want to have a look: https://we.tl/t-UWX28HZHlv

In this project I used Fantom as a MIDI keyboard, just eight empty scenes where Ch1, Ch2, Ch3,,, Ch8 was accessed on each, changing via a pedal.

A first track receiving all MIDI channels is record-armed and sends MIDI to all other tracks, that are set to Input NONE.

Then data to this tracks is filtered by channel with my scripts, many receving several channels.

Then the scripts allow performing as needed.

The project seems to be so heavy that my computer overheats after some 50 minutes.

Hence I recently added a set of scripts that mutes all tracks but those needed. Muted tracks are not processed and Windows does not crash.

The set opens the Track receiving all Channels and then Ch1 (F1), Ch2 and Ch1 (F2), then Ch3 and Ch2, (F3)....and so on, so only the current
channel is not muted as well as the previous one to allow any tails to complete without issues.

DoNotProcessMutedChannels
--------------------------------------------

#0 Mute Master -Mute & Unmute

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F1 Ch1

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F2 Ch2 & Ch1

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F3 Ch3 & Ch2

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F4 Ch4 & Ch3

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F5 Ch5 & Ch4

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F6 Ch6 & Ch5

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F7 Ch7 & Ch6

#0 DoNotProcessMutedChannels -F8 Ch8 & Ch7
-----------------------------------------------------------