Fantom Tools app

The workstation, redefined
Stuart100

Fantom Tools app

Post by Stuart100 »

Hi,

Im thinking of writing an app for the Fantom. It would include some kind of librarian, midimapper, individual note tuning/character/level feature etc. how much interest would there be in this?

Ive started writing some code based upon my RD2000 Editor. There is a very simple demo version on my website

Https://stuartpryer.co.uk with docs.

Let me know what you think? Only some of the menus are enabled. Individual note Tuning etc is there to see the general idea but sysex wont work until I do some more coding on that form. Midi mapping should work and the send and receive sysex form should work.

Cheers

Stuart
FGM

Re: Fantom Tools app

Post by FGM »

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for sharing your project idea! It sounds like you're developing a comprehensive app for the Fantom keyboard, which could be incredibly useful for musicians looking to streamline their workflow and enhance their creative capabilities.

While your project certainly sounds intriguing, I've recently made a conscious decision to shift my focus solely towards making music. After spending time exploring various systems and learning new technologies, I've found that my true passion lies in the act of creating music itself.

In line with this focus, I've gravitated towards using Reaper DAW and have been delving into creating my own scripts to tailor my music production process to my specific needs. This has allowed me to streamline my workflow and focus more on the creative aspects of music-making.

Though I appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness you've put into your project, I've personally reached a point where I'm prioritizing my time and energy towards honing my musical skills and crafting new compositions.

However, I'm sure there will be many musicians who will find your app invaluable for their own music production journeys. I wish you the best of luck with your project, and I'm sure it will be well-received by the Fantom community!

Warm regards,

😀😀😀😀
🎹🎹🎹🎹
thorr

Re: Fantom Tools app

Post by thorr »

Stuart100 wrote: 23:18, 22 March 2024 Hi,

Im thinking of writing an app for the Fantom. It would include some kind of librarian, midimapper, individual note tuning/character/level feature etc. how much interest would there be in this?

Ive started writing some code based upon my RD2000 Editor. There is a very simple demo version on my website

Https://stuartpryer.co.uk with docs.

Let me know what you think? Only some of the menus are enabled. Individual note Tuning etc is there to see the general idea but sysex wont work until I do some more coding on that form. Midi mapping should work and the send and receive sysex form should work.

Cheers

Stuart
I don't see a demo for the Fantom Tools app, but it sounds interesting on the surface. What I want is something similar to the old Windows Midi Mapper so I could play my thousands of general midi and GS midi files using my Fantom. I would want to pick and choose the exact instruments on the Fantom I would use for trumpet, violin, etc. Yes, I can use a general midi device to do this, but it would be nice to have better instruments and see how the songs sound.