Xm is shipping...

The latest in the Jupiter line
Fanug

Re: Xm is shipping...

Post by Fanug »

With „better to handle“ I meant that the X will have more knobs/faders/buttons. So I assume that the operation could be more intuitive, than the Xm. But we will see... When the X is available I’ll give it a try, too.
sompost

Post by sompost »

If you had the cash, what would you buy: an original Jupiter-6 for $3000 or a Jupiter-X for $2500? I'm asking because a fairly decent looking Jupiter-6 just went for $3185 on a Swiss auction site.

Incidentally, does anybody know of a review (preferably on video) where there's a comparison between the sounds of a real Jupiter-8 and a Jupiter-Xm?
kimsnarf

Post by kimsnarf »

Between those two I would buy the Jupiter X, since I don’t like the sound of the Jupiter 6. It is too much on the bright side, and I prefer the Prophet 6 and the OB-6 for that sound signature. The Jupiter X (like the 80 before it) appears to have a warmer sound with more emphasis on the lower frequencies.
Stormchild

Post by Stormchild »

sompost wrote:If you had the cash, what would you buy: an original Jupiter-6 for $3000 or a Jupiter-X for $2500? I'm asking because a fairly decent looking Jupiter-6 just went for $3185 on a Swiss auction site.

Incidentally, does anybody know of a review (preferably on video) where there's a comparison between the sounds of a real Jupiter-8 and a Jupiter-Xm?
For me that’s still too much for a Jupiter-6, for what it can do. I like it a lot (and am still hoping for a plugout version), but between the two I think there’s no question the Jupiter-X is a way better value.
Chrisk-K

Post by Chrisk-K »

sompost wrote:If you had the cash, what would you buy: an original Jupiter-6 for $3000 or a Jupiter-X for $2500? I'm asking because a fairly decent looking Jupiter-6 just went for $3185 on a Swiss auction site.

A Jupiter-X on any day. I'm not into owning vintage instruments at all.