How to handle the Jupiter X

The latest in the Jupiter line
kl_87

How to handle the Jupiter X

Post by kl_87 »

I checked all the tutorials, in rtfm like four times. but I still not getting used to this little boy.

the only thing I want is to have the initialized tones for each parts like the juno, the jupiter and so on.

but there is always something wrong. filter is not working, or the envelops are not reaction. I always start with the initiallized scene but as soon i change the model the parameters are not working.

I dont know, im not a noob, owning dozens of synths, never had a problem like that.

Why is it so damm difficult? I mean it should be possible to like choose model, init the preset and then start build up the patch. Why it is so complicated?

how you guys work with this synth? whats your work progress with it?
Joel

Re: How to handle the Jupiter X

Post by Joel »

I just got one of these and I'm figuring out more each time I play with it. I wanted a base scene, tone, part??? that I could then play with making sounds.

One thing I see that I don't have an explanation for, some sounds I can tweak the oscillators without having to go into tone edit and some not. Seems that all the programs that use 4 oscillators I need to be in tone edit mode.

I did finally find an XV sound that I used as a base. I did the scene init and tone init thing and saved it as my own scene+tone. When trying to edit oscillators I had to go to the tone edit menu to get the panel knobs to work. I did not have to menu dive to change basic settings, there are a lot more items available in the menus.

One issue I ran in to was changing an oscillator and then things going quiet. I would mute all the oscillators except the one I was working on, hit a key, and it was silent. After reading through the parameters doc I found some settings that fixed the issue for me.

Some of the sounds are complex, I chose a piano to start with. I found that one oscillator was set up to only make sound when the key velocity is low, and one when the velocity was high. I changed those to be linear like the other two, and now all four oscillators I can manipulate and work with.

I'm still working on going through all the parameters so I can have a base four oscillator starting point not already colored by one of the presets.

I spent a lot of time thinking something was wrong with my unit because I would just get into this state where things just seemed to stop working.

The main manual is poo, the reference manual and parameters manual will help.
patriki

Re: How to handle the Jupiter X

Post by patriki »

In fact it's very simple, let's start with the basic scene 01-01, press part, choose the first part, press the up arrow, turn pot 2 to choose a model, press enter to validate, press down arrow back to return on the tone preset name, then press write to initialize the TONE.

That's it, the tone/model is initialized, let's go to tone edit with the right arrow, we can start adjusting the knobs to adjust the sound, and diving into the menu. Once done, save the tone.

We'll have to repeat the procedure on the 3 others parts, save the parts and finally save the scene if we want but as the parts of initialized models are saved, we can call them back from any scene or repeat this simple procedure.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)