One-handed Panel Button Pressing Function for Scene Selection

The latest in the Jupiter line
ronkey

One-handed Panel Button Pressing Function for Scene Selection

Post by ronkey »

I was wondering if there is a hidden/"shortcut-function" or alternate way of selecting Scene programs (meaning both the bank and program #) with just one hand. Currently two hands need to be used to press AND hold both the "Scene" button and the Bank number, followed by a program number button selection. This is not ideal for live playing involving selecting different scene selections in various bank locations while either hand is playing. Is there another way around this, such as a "double-tap" function, that just one hand is capable of selecting while your other hand can play uninterrupted?
If not, I sure wish Roland could implement an OS update in include such a function.
patriki

Re: One-handed Panel Button Pressing Function for Scene Selection

Post by patriki »

What I do is to copy all my SCENE to be chained in the same BANK, since firmware 3 we have 32 BANKs now so there is a lot of room to select one or more BANKS for live use. Moreover, in the SYSTEM menu, we can choose which BANK/SCENE will be selected at startup.
Then we just have to select the desired SCENE with one of the 16 buttons.
ronkey

Re: One-handed Panel Button Pressing Function for Scene Selection

Post by ronkey »

Appreciate your feedback patriki. Yes I too try to organize the Scenes in appropriate groups to correspond with the setlist order etc.,
although in different live show situations I have to deal with "off-the-cuff"/spontaneous changes requiring jumping around different sound BANKS.
I certainly would like Roland to implement an OS update that would caters to this type of "Live-Playing" BANK selection where just one hand can select a scene BANK followed by the program selection... perhaps where the "Scene" button can dual function with a long/hold press allowing it to "latch", followed by selecting the bank #, and then followed by the program # selection.