New Web MIDI JX editor in development.

The latest in the Jupiter line
DesertBoat

Re: New Web MIDI JX editor in development.

Post by DesertBoat »

The Jupiter midi memory map and corresponding sysex is documented in the Jupiter Implementation Manual, available on the support tab on the Roland site.

I have not found any midi documentation for the Fantoms beyond the basic one page implementation sheet on the Roland site. I have asked, but have found anyone that has one. You could put in a support request on Roland Backstage. I have not seen a TX Edit switch on the Fantoms, that transmits edits in sysex format as they are executed.

You could start with the Jupiter implementation, poke around with sysex, and see if the Fantom even responds to sysex requests.
Foksadure

Post by Foksadure »

DesertBoat wrote:I have not seen a TX Edit switch on the Fantoms, that transmits edits in sysex format as they are executed.

You could start with the Jupiter implementation, poke around with sysex, and see if the Fantom even responds to sysex requests.
Not even sure the 2019 Fantoms (or the MCs) have a SysEx Model ID to respond to.

I have the intuition the classic SysEx is only there because it implements physical controls and allows automation for the so-called ABM models on the JP-X/m, while protecting Roland IP by making it difficult to use outside of the machine.

Excellent job you've done mapping these to MDP2 layers BTW.

(I'm having difficulties to obtain a full temporary SCENE & TONE dump request in Cubase, hence the rambling about how easy it was on the JV-1080/XP-50)
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

Re:
(I'm having difficulties to obtain a full temporary SCENE & TONE dump request in Cubase, hence the rambling about how easy it was on the JV-1080/XP-50)
Yep. A ZEN-Core tone takes 31 individual requests, a scene is 33, not including step edit data, which last I checked, did not report correctly. User scenes can export, but user tone data is garbled, like the step data. I have not checked the garbled items yet in 1.21.

Which makes the ASMs trivial at 3 blocks.

And when a data block is longer than 02 00, it must be divided into separate requests. Think this only impacts the step edit blocks.
Foksadure

Post by Foksadure »

DesertBoat wrote:Yep.
Ouch! Thank you Sir.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm baffled by how convoluted and crippled user TONE and SCENE management is on these machines compared to previous generations. Seems they designed the JP-X/m as preset synths for performers and/or casual users (like I am), tweaking here and there, and not bothering about saving their edits, not to mention understanding the underlying lasagnas.

Hence the CC assignable offsets at SCENE level.

Keep up the good job on editors, guys. Roland sure didn't make it easy for you, be it on purpose or not.
mostinif

Post by mostinif »

Hi Jxman:

Thanks you very much for your response. I will open a Support request at Roland Backstage support site. BTW I will use Jupiter - as you said.

I 'll comment any news.

Best regards!
mostinif

Post by mostinif »

Regards too to Desert Boat!! Thanks!!!