Jupiter X/Xm Instrument Definition + Patch Script Builder

The latest in the Jupiter line
SBX

Jupiter X/Xm Instrument Definition + Patch Script Builder

Post by SBX »

Hi All,

I've not been able to find an instrument definition (.ins) for cakewalk, I am wondering if anyone could help with this?

Secondly, I've sent support emails to Roland for them to add the Jupiter X/Xm to their list on the patch script builder page, their response wasn't really satisfactory, stating they likely will only do them for their big flagships like the Fantom X.. considering the Juno is on the list this isn't really consistent messaging or logical.

If anyone could help with the instrument definition, thankyou

If anyone is in the same boat as me, I suggest you contact support and ask them to add it to the list, the more voices the better.. they may just budge on this.

Thanks
DesertBoat

Re: Jupiter X/Xm Instrument Definition + Patch Script Builde

Post by DesertBoat »

Interesting, with the data should only take them an hour to build.

I do not have Cakewalk, but by decoding the RD2000 file, here is a try at a Jupe .ins for Cakewalk.

I started with just the models. Let me know if this works, and I will add the remaining patches. Also let me know if the patch names are too wordy - I also included the model and # instead of just the name.

Note, I had to change the extension from .ins to .txt to upload. Change it back to .ins before loading in Cakewalk.
Attachments
Jupiter X(m) Rev 0.txt
(9.99 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
malara1111

Re: Jupiter X/Xm Instrument Definition + Patch Script Builder

Post by malara1111 »

Hi DesertBoat,

Just to let you know that I've been using the .ins file you created back in 2020. Thank you very much -it has worked very nicely.
I would love to have an updated .ins for the Jupiter-X(m) 3.0, which also has the new Jupiter model.

Sadly, I don't know where to start to make the new .ins so if you have any pointers, or even have an updated .ins yourself, I would be very grateful.
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

First I heard that it had been useful to anyone, or even worked. I will add to my worklist. Bug me if it isn't posted in the next few weeks. (Got a lot of RD 2000 and 88 work in my queue right now.)
malara1111

Post by malara1111 »

That would be fantastic. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

This one has the Jupiter X model patches added.

Let me know if this one works.

Got it configured to generate out of a spreadsheet, so I can add the other banks.
Attachments
Jupiter X(m) Rev 1.txt
(14.15 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
malara1111

Post by malara1111 »

Hi DesertBoat,

Thanks for updating the file -much appreciated. I’ll try it out later this evening and let you know if it works.
malara1111

Post by malara1111 »

Thanks again DesertBoat. Work like a charm. I managed to import as instrument definition in Cakewalk by Bandlab without problems.

I see that this version has Jupiter-8, Juno-106, JX8P, SH-101, JPX-1, JPX-2. With the XV-5080, RD pianos and drums it will be fully complete (unless a user has bought additional models of course).