Jupiter XM iArp issue

The latest in the Jupiter line
citaro

Jupiter XM iArp issue

Post by citaro »

I would like to know if anyone on here is experiencing the same issue. Recently my Jupiter XM have been locking up (freezes), all the keys/buttons even the power on/off switch becomes unresponsive. I had to turn it off from the power board. I have replicated this issue a few times, it seems the problem stems from the iArp feature. Playing the iArp triggers this condition. This problem occurs intermittently but always happens when I play with the iArp on. I am on firmware version 1.30 and have factory reset the synth a few times.

I am concerned this could be more of a hardware than a firmware issue.
patriki

Re: Jupiter XM iArp issue

Post by patriki »

I've also had this problem many times since I got my XM (may 2020, starting with fw 1.03), but I must say that I use I-Arp intensely every day. Reset a few times also, but the issue is still here.
Maybe a future update will fix this problem.
citaro

Post by citaro »

patriki wrote:I've also had this problem many times since I got my XM (may 2020, starting with fw 1.03), but I must say that I use I-Arp intensely every day. Reset a few times also, but the issue is still here.
Maybe a future update will fix this problem.
Thanks for the info...

It seems to be problematic on a certain scene...

In my case I modded one of the factory default scene called Upside Down, it is in Bank 5-10.

I changed the tempo to 130 bpm, edited the tones , Rhythm and iARP pattern, this is when the problem started to arise.

I am glad to hear it is a firmware issue rather than hardware, and it is not an isolated case.

Cheers
citaro

Post by citaro »

I have the problematic scene for people to test...

Play it with one octave up.

The download link is below...

Cheers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eMNVvp ... VStjG/view
patriki

Post by patriki »

I spoke with a user on the French site audiofanzine, it could be a bug concerning the SYNC MODE in SYSTEM/MIDI, it seems that the AUTO setting is the culprit, so I set mine to INT to see if the issue comes back in the future.
citaro

Post by citaro »

I tried it, still the same.

Cheers
patriki

Post by patriki »

Yes still the same for me too, and a new bug for me: all controls knobs & buttons still work but no sound anymore, changing scene, tone, tweaking knobs etc, is ok.

So nothing to do but restarting my xm ;(
citaro

Post by citaro »

Firmware 1.40 is out. But hold out till Firmware 1.41.

They got minor issue on the 1.40.