How to select parts above part four

The latest in the Jupiter line
Mark Everglade

How to select parts above part four

Post by Mark Everglade »

Background:

Hi. Wonderful instrument, but I'm trying to conceptualize how it's organized still, even after watching numerous Roland videos and reading a fair amount of the manual. I understand how to layer and split a Jupiter and Juno in a scene, for instance, but the following perplexed me once I get outside the main emulator banks:

Goal: I would like to have a scene where XV306 Harp is combined with FA180 Congo Drum in the left hand, and say a Juno pad in the right hand.

Steps:
-I go to initialized scene 16-01
-I hit parts and deselect all parts so that only bank XV (5) is lit red.
--At this point, all the XV sounds are showing as AD and CD bank drum sounds for some reason?
-Hitting part 14 brings up the FA180 sound, but it's now associated with "Part On 1." I activate that part.
Meanwhile the XV bank becomes available again, but selecting it does nothing, then all the banks "lock up," and I can only select CD drums.

Running the latest system update. Thanks for any advice.
Mark
DesertBoat

Re: How to select parts above part four

Post by DesertBoat »

The jupes have only four parts for tones, part 5 for drums. So maybe you are confusing selecting parts with model banks.

When you select part 5, you only have access to the drum sounds.

There is no part 14.

Use the part buttons to select a part to edit, then choose model bank, and use the buttons to set a sound for the part.

I might start with the Roland basic videos on You Tube, such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJlKaAVRQI
Mark Everglade

Re: How to select parts above part four

Post by Mark Everglade »

Thanks for the reply! I think i see what you mean now. I will review the video again and will try it out. I was confusing model banks and parts it seems.

Mark