Guidance for Xm with 3.0 firmware

The latest in the Jupiter line
the_surf_doc

Guidance for Xm with 3.0 firmware

Post by the_surf_doc »

Hi all,

I've just got my hands on a new Xm, which appears as you would expect to have the latest firmware. Before purchase, I pre-read the Xm manual to get familiar with all the basic concepts (Scenes, Parts, Tones, etc.). However, now that I have the Xm in my possession I can see that, unfortunately, the Owners Manual and Roland Support videos have not been upgraded. The screen displays at the Scene level are different, and there appears to be additional bank functionality with the new OS. It's very frustrating when you are trying to learn a new device and the manual is out of date.

Can anyone recommend a resource that could serve as a decent user guide/tutorial for 3.0? I can imagine that the 3.0 upgrade may be reasonably intuitive for those who started out with the original firmware, but for a new buyer like myself it is tough to try to follow the manual when it is referencing old and/or deprecated functionality.

Thanks in advance.
monsterjazzlicks

Re: Guidance for Xm with 3.0 firmware

Post by monsterjazzlicks »

I am having the same issue since an update to 3.02 over the weekend. The display panel is different when entering certain play/edit modes.
Chumley

Post by Chumley »

I thought the latest manual and sound lists were for v3.0 and above? They certainly are for the X.
monsterjazzlicks

Maybe they are different for each model?!
Foksadure

Post by Foksadure »

Chumley wrote: 20:30, 15 May 2023I thought the latest manual and sound lists were for v3.0 and above? They certainly are for the X.
The english owner, reference and parameter guide have been edited to cover v3.0:

https://www.roland.com/global/support/b ... s_manuals/

For minor revision, there were some useful informations and docs at the firmware page too:

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... 337333e38/
[Ver.3.00] APR 2022
Please refer to the “JUPITER-Xm Owner's Manual Ver. 3.0 and later” and “JUPITER-Xm Reference Manual Ver. 3.0 and later” for detailed information in the Owner's Manuals.
monsterjazzlicks

Thanks Foksadure,

I have d/l the most up to date manuals now. I installed v3.02 over the weekend.

Cheers,

Paul