Effects routings

The latest in the Jupiter line
Sutefano

Effects routings

Post by Sutefano »

Well, looking at the manual and the Jupiter X editor I am still confused about how the effects are routed in the Jupiter-X.

Let me talk about Part 1 in a given scene.
Let say Overdrive is OFF (THRU is selected). The TONE (dry with or without it's MFX) goes to the Master Comp and Master EQ.
With the Chorus Send, Delay Send, Reverb Send I can send this TONE to the Chorus, Delay, Reverb effects.
I guess these effects are connected as AUX effect units (NO dry signal will go through them, just the WET signal will come out from them and the amount of these signals are controlled by the Level knobs of these Effect units).

Before I go further can you guys confirm this? Is my understanding correct?
DesertBoat

Re: Effects routings

Post by DesertBoat »

Sounds essentially correct, best as the diagram on p55 of the manual can be reduced to words.
Sutefano

Post by Sutefano »

Thank you DesertBoat for confirmation :-).

Now, let us select Overdrive ON for Parts 1-5.

In this case the TONE (dry with or without it's MFX) will NOT go to the Master Compressor and Master EQ.
Instead it is going through the Overdrive and from there through Chorus, Delay, and Reverb.
In this case ALL the 4 effect units act as INSERT effects.

Is my understanding correct?
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

Again, the picture is more complete than words.

Everything eventually goes out the compressor and Master EQ. Think of the line before them as the master output bus.

You could look at the Overdrive as being inserted between the zone output and the other effects, as all zone output goes through Overdrive, and is then is sent to the master effects. And with Overdrive, there is no (relatively) dry signal going to the output bus.