Saving scenes / Tones / Arpeggiator

The latest in the Jupiter line
rob2817

Saving scenes / Tones / Arpeggiator

Post by rob2817 »

I’m sure this has been answered many times here but I am not seeing it. I am trying to save/pull up scenes and add layers on top of them. I can start an arpeggiator and let it run manually but can’t save it, recall it or place another layer on top of it. I have watched all the Roland you tube videos and know I’m missing something basic. Can anyone tell me what I’m missing or where I can go to find the answer to this?
monsterjazzlicks

Re: Saving scenes / Tones / Arpeggiator

Post by monsterjazzlicks »

Rob,

I have joined the FaceBook group which has proved to be very helpful resource of members!

Paul

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RolandJupiterX
BBQ

Re: Saving scenes / Tones / Arpeggiator

Post by BBQ »

rob2817 wrote: 22:00, 25 March 2023 I’m sure this has been answered many times here but I am not seeing it. I am trying to save/pull up scenes and add layers on top of them. I can start an arpeggiator and let it run manually but can’t save it, recall it or place another layer on top of it. I have watched all the Roland you tube videos and know I’m missing something basic. Can anyone tell me what I’m missing or where I can go to find the answer to this?
Hi Rob,

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you added a layer or an arpeggio to a scene, you need to save the scene to be able to recall them: use "WRITE" -> "SCENE". The scene contains the layer info including the choice of models/tones, and the arpeggios. Saving a part only saves changes of that specific tone (say, name or filter info) and its MFX.
When writing a scene, you can choose a location and name for it (say location 14-1, name "MyScene"). To recall it then, you need to pick that scene.

If you mean something else, can you elaborate what you want to do that isn't working ?