XV model: patch structure ?

The latest in the Jupiter line
BBQ

XV model: patch structure ?

Post by BBQ »

Hi,

I'm pondering buying a Jupiter Xm, was looking through the reference manual and parameter guide. What seems to be missing is the "Patch Structure" option of the XV, which was also present in most digital pre-zen-core synths, to recombine filters etc between partials : Image
It seems the Structure parameter in the XV / Zen-core models of the Jupiter does not allow to do that ? Is that correct ? Doesn't that prevent certain XV patches from sounding correctly ?

Thanks!
BBQ

Re: XV model: patch structure ?

Post by BBQ »

I now see that this has already been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=58155&p=321147#p321147
Though it doesn't answer how the non-standard-structured XV patches work then...
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

I suspect they only have patches that can be implemented within the ZEN Core structure. ZC is pretty powerful, can have lots of action hidden in Mod matrix, etc, and the Roland sound folks know how to hook them up.
BBQ

Post by BBQ »

Mod Matrix was there in the XV era, and all original XV5080 patches are contained in the Jupiter-X[m] tone list ;)
My FA07 also had them, but FA07 still had the non-ZenCore patch structures.
DesertBoat

Post by DesertBoat »

I guess you could dig through the original factory patches, find one that uses one of the structures not present in the Jupe, then decode that patch and see how they do it there.

The other thing is to compare the sounds back to back, does the Jupe come close to the original sound? I say close, because there never seems to be a perfect match.

One of Roland claims on the analog synth models for not providing SysEx import of the original synths is that the analog model patches require hand tuning to recreate the original sound.