How are you guys enjoying your 707 ?

Roland's latest grooveboxes
DNGmaestro

How are you guys enjoying your 707 ?

Post by DNGmaestro »

For owners of the 707, does the workflow inspire you or spark ideas for songs? Do you have fun playing on it?
jicamasalad

Re: How are you guys enjoying your 707 ?

Post by jicamasalad »

I've owned it for several years now - still loving it; yes, there are some things that would be wonderful to see improved in an OS update (patch saving etc.), but I still get good creative results from this instrument.
Jdom84

Post by Jdom84 »

Hi I am, I only just got it and I wrote one of the best tracks I have for ages.

There are some limitations and unfortunately you do need extra stuff to make a proper studio, a chromatic keyboard (why don't any groove boxes have that!?), Some editable hardware synths (I don't the synth controls in the mc 707 rather limiting and still struggling to make a really thick and powerful throbbing bass line),a compressor (why doesn't the mc 707 have dude chaining !?)..

I think some for this was left out to force us to buy more and that's annoying as it's not cheap. Like for instance to have any really deep and full control over the synth engine you have to pay a MONTHLY!? Bill to have access to the zenology software which should be free damn it!! I paid £800 !!

There are a lot of really beautiful sounds on there and a lot of rather old fashioned useless sounds. I just want to tweak away to make my own synth patches on this thing it's rather frustrating and I have had to buy some hard ware synths to make sounds I want from scratch.

I still love the mc 707 and there ready isn't anything else like it on the market. And I guess Roland know that.
Dracul74

Post by Dracul74 »

I have a bunch of groove boxes and outboard gear along with software. I use my mc 707 often and do enjoy it. The screen size, needed menu diving and sampling limitations are the big drawbacks considering the price of the mc 707. I absolutely love the sounds... there are almost too many... but being able to change sounds while it is playing is very useful for my workflow. I’d buy it again