MV1 Verselap 1.8.1 Bug?

Roland's latest grooveboxes
check24

MV1 Verselap 1.8.1 Bug?

Post by check24 »

When I load new waves into a new kit. After copying the padsounds to other pads, it crashes. It can't be turned off. I need to unplug USB.
Menu is frozen.Its only with new kits.
Frequalizer

Re: MV1 Verselap 1.8.1 Bug?

Post by Frequalizer »

Did you try unplugging it permanently and buying a MC-808? That would be my personal recommendation. I wish I was joking, but I'm definitely more than half serious. The MV-1 tends to make me mad every time I use it. I want to like it, but compromise after compromise after compromise and this wasn't just a cheap little trinket hell I paid $125's for a sample tools expansion Fantom XR that worked flawless by contrast and makes the MV-1 feel like CASIO keyboard from the 80's.

Roland trying to pitch the cut down timbrality as like a positive perk pisses me off as well I'll add. Yeah nice try with that bold spun lie explains why Roland still sound 16-part synths for a lot more money and why they were making then as far back as like the 1980's. I guess it's just difficult to do today with all this damn technology in all.

I really wanted to like it, but I'm not going to be phony and pretend like I do. My older Roland hardware is better and cheaper at the same time the MV-1 feels like a bad joke and yet it isn't it's just Roland openly screwing people on bad compromised hardware and software for more money and less functionality. Yes you can make music on it, but would I over my other older Roland hardware that's over a decade older definitely not. At best it's glorified effects box with half functional velocity pads with lazy fixed velocity settings. Try a MC-808's fixed velocity settings and you'll understand the MV-1 fixed velocity is red hot rubbish. The pads otherwise do what you want pretty much fine, but it's just another bad compromise in a string of them with the MV-1 as whole. I'll be honest I dislike the MV-1. I have other Roland hardware that's older and cheaper and better. I don't recommend based on the other stuff being overall superior and cheaper and yes it freezes that's a working as intended MV-1 feature.