MC-101 noise when output is used in Mix-ins

Roland's latest grooveboxes
farrellart

MC-101 noise when output is used in Mix-ins

Post by farrellart »

This should not happen.

I love the MC-101, If I use the output ( at the back and headphones ) to plug into my S-1 or TB-03 mix-in there is a hideous ground loop noise. If I use the USB MIDI there is no noise, it only appears when the MC-101 outputs are connected physically to another mix-in. We shouldn't have this problem in 2024.

Am I the only one.....?
fungus

Re: MC-101 noise when output is used in Mix-ins

Post by fungus »

Everybody has it.
farrellart

Post by farrellart »

That's not good enough.

I actually fixed it by having the S-1 at the end of the audio chain > MC-101 audio out to S-1 mix-in and the S-1 running off the battery and disconnected from USB. > Headphones in the S-1 Mix-out. No more noise :D
AlanCodger

Post by AlanCodger »

But if you also run the Mc 101 on batteries disconnecting the USB from PC Or Mac ( I presume ) the Ground loop noise goes away. Roland is simply afwul in assembling devices that do not cost a penny just like the SH-4D .. same story. No isolation of any form unlike Elektron Boxes that are completely noise free. I recently sort it our buyin a little Ground Loop Noise Isolator on Amazon ( by DigitalLife ) costing me 12 Euro. Noise just gone .. so I can use the USB connection with no ground noise issue. Wish I did that ages ago