Let the Games begin...

Roland's latest grooveboxes
tesla vs edison

Let the Games begin...

Post by tesla vs edison »

So visited my local PMT store who had the MC-707 well in advance of others. So happy given the new engine within and now to be played with. Sure you guys will get your one soon. First impressions very good and layout very intuitive and leans more to the way of the Elektron products if familiar. Carry On MC-707.
Attachments
707c1.jpg
707c1.jpg (46.05 KiB) Viewed 1672 times
thatguysmitty87

Re: Let the Games begin...

Post by thatguysmitty87 »

BCFA5096-F233-4912-B134-AE16C08BBFE6.png
BCFA5096-F233-4912-B134-AE16C08BBFE6.png (438.28 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Yeah...I’m loving mine in my little bedroom DAW-less set-up!
jicamasalad

Re: Let the Games begin...

Post by jicamasalad »

My MC-707 just arrived yesterday - I am loving it and the fun factor is very, very high.

In typical Roland fashion though, I find the manual and even Reference Guide to be sadly lacking in basic info; perhaps some of you folks could help, or point me in the direction of more detailed official info.

How much time is there for Looper recordings? I've read here there is 60 seconds? Where did that number come from? Can it be expanded any way or it it hardware-limited?

Are there any benefits to be gained from installing a much larger SD card inside? (And for that matter, how large is the pre-installed one?) I'm assuming it would only increase Project and associated sample storage space, but not record time for Loops. Also there are no specs about required throughput speed for SD cards - I would use one suitable for one of my field recorders which I'm sure would be fine, but I am used to so much more technical information in the pro audio world, and Roland always leaves me wanting for detailed info.

Not that it is getting in the way of having FUN though, which is the point!

I'm a bit excited and scared to dig into the ZenCore synth, which might make my recently-purchased Integra7 feel "outdated"...

Maybe Sunshine Jones will write an un-official manual for the 707...

Happy New Year everyone - any further info or resource suggestions much appreciated!

kS