Multifunctional ?

Roland's latest grooveboxes
MacTyros

Multifunctional ?

Post by MacTyros »

I really love the way they implemented the zen core engine into this product..

I read trough the manual, but could not find much about the externals (midi)
Will it be possible to use the mc707 as an 8 part multitimbral sound engine?

will i be able to use the knobs, sliders, pads, buttons to controll external gear, so using external sounds, much like a midi controller would?

This would be something i would like to add to my current setup (genos,jp80, macbook/bitwig/vst, ipad, gsi gemini). It should replace my apc40..
rbrucemtl

Re: Multifunctional ?

Post by rbrucemtl »

Here is the Midi chart..
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/ ... ng01_W.pdf

I don't think the MC-707 was designed to be used as a multi functional Groovebox controller/ sound module (the chart above shows clear limits). You can use it as a sound engine/module to some extent, see the chart above.

The sliders don't transmit midi data that I know of... It's very much capable, but Roland would need to implement it in firmware. (Who know's maybe a future update ?) The unit does not even record the sliders movements internally as of now, they are used for live manipulation .

It sure would not replace the APC40... It's a GrooveBox and was designed to be used as such.
rubez

Post by rubez »

rbrucemtl wrote:Here is the Midi chart..
The unit does not even record the sliders movements internally as of now, they are used for live manipulation
i think it does actually... with motion rec?
rbrucemtl

Post by rbrucemtl »

rubez wrote:
rbrucemtl wrote:Here is the Midi chart..
The unit does not even record the sliders movements internally as of now, they are used for live manipulation
i think it does actually... with motion rec?
Hi I wish it would... motion recording only works for the three dials above the sliders but not the sliders. Hopefully they will add a song mode where you can just chain patterns and motion record anything but probably not.