This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC707 firmware update

Roland's latest grooveboxes
check24

Re: kazekos privat posts

Post by check24 »

Great and thanks.Even if they harm others? Because this is a general wish post and roland do not read this chaos. Destructive .This feature post already broken anyway.You got the complete thing in 30 days littered.
kazeko

Re: This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC707 firmware update

Post by kazeko »

Faders to send user defined MIDI CC ,like C knobs

bests
k
check24

Re: This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC707 firmware update

Post by check24 »

Add more parameters to the macros.
Electronic music lives from automation since 40 years.
This is missing:
1.Filterenvelope all and fil-envdeph. 2.Amp sustain.
3.Osc volume for each osc. 4.Osc detune and octave for each osc. 5.Fil and amp lfo deph and rate 1 and 2.
6.Delay feed and mix-lowcut 7.Reverb predelay-size -time-mix etc
Sync control sucks.They have to be reprogrammed in every sound.They only have half the range which is totally pointless.
Or:Please make all easymode parameters (mc707)or all parameter of mc101 for motions ready.
check24

Post by check24 »

Why are there no simple groove functions,without having to move each note individually?
A midi note start (mididelay) in forwards and backwards for every entire track and drumpad is missing:
Older mcs has groove templates.
Ishfaq.co.uk

Post by Ishfaq.co.uk »

Having done numerous live gigs with the 707, one thing I'd really love is if we could set up a "playlist", and load songs with a shortcut - perhaps holding PROJECT + 1 to 16 on the step sequence buttons. Would be nice if this could skip any sort of confirmations etc and just load the desired song immediately.
Lunaman06

Post by Lunaman06 »

This comes from catching up from the SH-4d.

For SoundDesign the is a lot of room to make this more interactive - for design work / not performance work.

* Midi Mapping for the key parameters of SoundEdit (Easy)Mode -(think of connecting an SH-4D as controller to a MC707). The offset
* Add FAT Parameter into the Easy Menu - (maybe replace the SW Parameter, we have off already in the OSC Type).
(FWIW - current work around is use the ModMatrix to map it to a CC, and use one Mod Knobs)
* Port some of the SH-4D UI Ideas for Ring Mod / Sync into the MC707 OSC Structure RM/Sync/XMOD1/2 Parameters - could be easily ported to a structure UI having 4 knobs under the screen (instead of sliders)

Effect
d.) that Shimmer Reverb - cool - like to have
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

Scatter Position also for Delay and Reverb so it can be used as send
ilyaorange

Post by ilyaorange »

1. Parameter lock for pitch in drum mode.
2. Parameter lock for sample start position
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

Scatter, yeah, I thought ages ago that it be good if you could store its state, on/off, and the preset, and affected tracks with each Scene. For example, for a Scene of 4 beats only, you have tracks 3,4,7 going through Scatter preset 3. On the next Scene you turn off the Scatter. That way you use the Scatter for fills, and more importantly, record it in the song. I also thought Fade In/Fade Out, and number of measures over which to fade, would be a really good inclusion for the Scene params. Also for the Scene, Tempo changes, with a Slow Down/Speed Up (between 2 BPMs) would be really useful.
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

-Scatter output to be switchable PRE/POST Total Effects
-Shift + MUTE switches pads to CUE(bottom row) and MOTION mute(upper row)
-independant REC SRC settings for each LOOPER track
-LOOPER to OVERDUB over existing loop(without prompitng)
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

One more for you, not sure if this is technically possible, think it might be.

Pitch shifting per step, on individual pads of drum machine. You can set a controller to do a global pitch shift. You can set the fixed pitch of each pad. You can randomise the pitch of each pad. But you can't currently set the pitch per step indepedently on each pad. Maybe a controller lane doesn't exist in the Zencore architecture to do this? Another way might be an option to 'ignore pitch shift' on any of the 16 pads? Then you could choose which pads would shift with a global shift controller, perhaps?
Lsd8bit

Post by Lsd8bit »

When inputting notes with the (hold rec + step button) way, i would like to be able to choose the note length in advance, also not in percentage but in note lengths.

I love inputting notes this way, but it's so tiresome to have to go over every step and adjust the notelenght to 25 percent ( 1/64) for example.
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

My last idea, as I've run out.

8 different presets for the MC707 drum machine, each comprised of the same 128 step max sequences. So that you could switch between drum presets live (on the same track), or chain the presets into a 1048 step sequence. You could use this to build an entire drum track, starting with just a kick, and automatically adding more stuff as the scene plays, leaving your hands free to do other stuff realtime. If the samples/ROM could be different on each preset, you could have 16 dialogue or vocal samples on a drum machine track that are replaced on the next preset, for doing verse/chorus/bridge vocals etc, using only 1 row of the MC707's 16 clips. And if you can do that for a drum machine, is there any reason why you can't switch between 8 presets on a tone track, or 4 presets on a looper track? Imagine 4 loopers playing one after the next, 8 pads alternating, but only using one clip line....
Elemental

Post by Elemental »

Just purchased my MC-707 - love it. Here are my wish list items for a firmware update. If I'm missing something, I welcome your comments:

1) The ability to select and edit multiple notes at once or all notes in clip for changing note length, velocity, etc., instead of one note at a time.
2) The ability to set a default note length and velocity in a clip for step entry/editing.
3) Side chain function per track.
4) The ability to start playing a project/clip at a point other than start of project, i.e. at the start of a particular measure or step.
5) The ability to select/copy/paste/move multiple clips at once on the Home Screen.
6) Would like to see larger step resolutions in Clip Settings/Scale, i.e. 1/4, 1/2, etc., for drones and other longer notes.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I'd like to be able to create longer patterns. 64 bars minimum, for doing sounscape stuff.

Also, can you please change the brightness, or better still, make track position LED the only one lit. I'm referring to the green Led's at the top of each track. Currently, unless you're looking directly at them, it's hard to decipher the exact position as the brightness is so similar. Maybe it's because I've turned down the brightness of the LED 's in the settings? Either way, why are all 4 lit anyway? That just burns them out needlessly!