This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC707 firmware update

Roland's latest grooveboxes
kazeko

Re: This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC707 firmware update

Post by kazeko »

CLIP PAD MODE
-option to swap between modes,
mode 1 ,step buttons change complete CLIPS ROW but do not engage it,just like it is now
mode 2 ,step buttons change complete CLIPS ROW and engage it(same as holding down CLIP PAD MODE button and pressing once one of step button)
check24

Re: This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC707 firmware update

Post by check24 »

MY SEVEN FEATURE REQUESTS FOR MC101:
English is not my mother tongue
-
1.MC101-Tunemode for Drumpads on Drumkit-Mpc Style.Easy Thing to have a monster Mc :)
Please ad a Tunemode for Pads on Drumkits ( Pitch 16 level) for every Pad.This makes a Mc101 simple to a 4x Mpc and Mc707 simple
to a 8 x Mpc.You can record and play melodys in every pad.

2.MC101-Timeoffset funktion for drumpads and tracks .laidback and rushbeat
Give us a track and an pad timeoffset in Midi=ticks.This give us more control over the groove.

3. MC101-Copy and shift drumpads with notes for change the Microtiming of the groove.
Why this do the groove.
Mcs, Mpcs, Electribes plays the mididata in a serial way. Simultan ore next data are delayed.
Usb Midi can't do this . Usb Midi is collect many data and give them out simultan in a bigger raster. About 240ppq.
How it works.
Note-on ,Note-off ,Ghost notes plays the next and simultans higher notes in ticks delayed.
Prijority of simultan notes:it plays lower note first.it plays note on track1 first.
Some grooveboxes have for tracks a constand mididelay reserved . Then the notes plays not interactive with other tracks.
Now, you can change the microtiminmg of drums by shift the drumpad with notes to another key.
Only a example . You can shift pads like you want. Shift the kickpad with notes from C1 to higher keypad give your groove a laidback-feeling.
Dependent from keynotes between. Shift the hihats with notes from A1 and H1 to lower keypad, give your hihats a forward-feeling.
Dependent from keynotes between.
On mc101:Is better you make your drums on track3, not track1, because otherwise all your other sounds are delayed .
The keymap picture for mc101 drumkits its here: its not cromatic .its gm midi.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mc707_Mc101/co ... e_numbers/

4.MC101-Please give us fullrange 1-127 of syntcontrol and more offset-parameters and partialtone-automation.
It's too little. Half range is useless, if you want to turn the cutoff complete down.The normal offsets are too boring
and just typically for commercial pop style. Offsetautomation global for Keycontroll, fildeph, lfoparameter ,filenvelopes
and Offsetautomation partialtones for volume and tune would be better.

5.MC101-Give us longer clips for automations with 64 bars.
Electronic clubmusic is not possible without long parameter motions .8 bars is a joke.It must be 64 bars.

6.MC101-Write controller values and partialsettings into clip. (true save).
Now it's not good. Great caos.You are destroy the whole song without noticing.
1. If you turn the button, the settings in clip are changed and they not come back.
2. Sounds are not loaded properly.
I prefer to make soundvariations in partials. But here the same. Controllers always must be set to zero, if they are to be correct.

7.MC101-Copy scenes with clip row to next clip row.
clip row 1-16 is scene 1-16
sweavo

Post by sweavo »

1) Save a project to be the initial project
— so that I can set up my audio inserts, midi outs, and favourite drum kit, and can initialize the box to that on powerup.

2) Set the default step size and count for a project, or reuse the last-input settings on creating a pattern
— when I want 24 1/8th notes for the pattern, I want it on all patterns I create by default

3) Alphabetical input on the pads
— though the Dymo wheel style text entry looks cool, writing anything is a huge PITA with it

4) When paused, flashing LEDs should be according to the tempo, if available
— enable count-less recording
jackroller

Post by jackroller »

Please add the ability to assign ENV DEP to a control knob and in the Matrix. Currently there is no way to assign ENV DEP to anything at all.
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

sweavo wrote: 19:58, 11 February 2023 1) Save a project to be the initial project
— so that I can set up my audio inserts, midi outs, and favourite drum kit, and can initialize the box to that on powerup.

2) Set the default step size and count for a project, or reuse the last-input settings on creating a pattern
— when I want 24 1/8th notes for the pattern, I want it on all patterns I create by default

3) Alphabetical input on the pads
— though the Dymo wheel style text entry looks cool, writing anything is a huge PITA with it

4) When paused, flashing LEDs should be according to the tempo, if available
— enable count-less recording
agreed on all accounts

bests
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

hello

while working with MOTION,i found CLEAR MOTION KNOB prompt when executing SHIFT + ON[ERASE] ,stopping me in my flow,
and i think to have it as option ON/OFF would be fantastic,
allready SHIFT + ON[ERASE] is enough time to make up my mind if i want to erase it or not
why not make it easy like in LOOPER TRACK CLEAR+SEL (which actualy should delete loop not motion,but that's topic below)

bests
k
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

hello

while working with LOOPER tracks i found three things

1st
CLEAR + SEL should delete recorded loop without prompting,not motion data(could be great if SHIFT+ON[ERASE] works like this without prompting,post above)

2nd
LOOPER SETTINGS (SET,MFX,NAME) are gone the moment you delete a CLIP,
this is making hard to work with LOOPER,
e.g. if i set my KNOB ASSIGN and MFX ,then why not leave this information,
this way i can just play with one SLOT on and on

maybe LOOPER track could be switched between something like SOUND SOURCE - TRACK/CLIP,just like in DRUM and TONE TRACKS
so each clip slot have it's own settings SET,MFX,NAME,KNOB ASSIGN

3rd
Step Length controlled via Step Buttons or Pads

in my mind those three things together could make looper track even more fun to play with

thank you
bests
k
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

CLEAR + FILTER ,MOD,FX knob resets it to the middle
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

when in SCATTER EDIT Pad or Step,value x10 when push and hold C1..C4 knob,and not only by holding SHIFT
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

CLIP copy and paste with MOTION ON/OFF set as source CLIP ,optional
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

kazeko wrote: 12:20, 16 February 2023
1st
CLEAR + SEL should delete recorded loop without prompting,not motion data(could be great if SHIFT+ON[ERASE] works like this without prompting,post above)

2nd
LOOPER SETTINGS (SET,MFX,NAME) are gone the moment you delete a CLIP,
this is making hard to work with LOOPER,
e.g. if i set my KNOB ASSIGN and MFX ,then why not leave this information,
this way i can just play with one SLOT on and on

maybe LOOPER track could be switched between something like SOUND SOURCE - TRACK/CLIP,just like in DRUM and TONE TRACKS
so each clip slot have it's own settings SET,MFX,NAME,KNOB ASSIGN
or better yet
why not just simply ability to overwrite loops in allready exisitng clips?

seems that this all deleting loop that deletes also settings,need to hold SHIFT to delete without prompting,
and then need to record and fact that every time you need to set also settings back ,it's just counter productive

simple option to be able to overwrite loops when pressing REC and loop that exists in given CLIP,and voila!

you can play with your loop,change pitch ,reverse,multimode filter tone,reverb,delay,
and if you want to, just hit REC and record new loop in same clip, and keep playing using same KNOB ASSING and LOOPER MENU (SET,MFX,NAME)settings...

you would not even need to look on the screen!
just hit SEL ,then REC,and just have fun with it...
and having 8 tracks like that...live loop performance at its finest!

bests
k
check24

Post by check24 »

Inflation: Its to much. you are kill all the requests. Roland does not react to requests from one person alone.
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

yes - it is too much!

i bought 1000 euro half baked groovebox!

Thru my life i had tons of musical machines going thru my studio,
and if no one from Roland wants to answer ,then it is just because they know i am right.

hello this is 2023!
there was so many grooveboxes before that,
to pay this money for machine that is not finished,is not ok

Anyway that's what forums are for,plus i do not insult anyone,
and if i write too much ,then let admins delete my posts,or kick me out i dont care,
but i won't sit quiet and pretend that everything is ok,just like you...

I spend my countless hours on this ,so all users can have better experience making music,
but i understand some people are just "shut up and take my money",well that is not me

Music market is overrun by unfinished products that cost fortune,but that does not mean it is all fine,
it is users responsability to give feedback to manufacturer,and make product better

so don't try to take my rights away because i do this with good intentions ,to help improve and no to spam or troll

bests
K
check24

Post by check24 »

salute -Everyone has their problems with it. Make better your own big post. You kill the whole project here for everyone. This is not good.
Summarize your questions into a single post or..Use your own headings instead of 50 questions in one post for everyone.
kazeko

Post by kazeko »

i will write my post how i see fit,
but of course you are always welcome to write your personal feelings about it.

bests
k