This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC101 firmware update

Roland's latest grooveboxes
TDB

Re: This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC101 firmware update

Post by TDB »

Hi all, not sure if it has already been raised but is there any possibility of getting step mute probability for tone tracks? Also some velocity/timing “groove” templates would be nice - used to have a variation of this on the mc505! Finally any chance we can unlock a few more control parameters for the tone tracks like oscillator control and filter envelope to do a bit more tweaking of the presets?
TDB

Re: This is where you can tell Roland what you want from the next MC101 firmware update

Post by TDB »

Also can we get the track MFX Dry/Wet control as an option to assign to one of the control knobs? Also can we get the manual updated with all updates on the main manual rather than having to look at the incremental manual releases for the new features? And a full list of ALL shortcuts?

I really like the chord designer feature - but it only seems to work when I press the buttons on the unit rather than input notes with external keyboard. it would be great if we could use midi keyboard and access the chord designer too! Thanks!
shredthegnar

Post by shredthegnar »

Edit: oops this was supposed to be in the 707 thread
shredthegnar

Post by shredthegnar »

Edit: opps, this one too. My bad everybody
TDB

Post by TDB »

Hi one more thing, is there any possibility of an undo type feature for last action or last string of actions? Occasionally when real time recording I might hit a bum note on a chord or something and it is a bit of a faff having to go in and edit one note, also I have deleted a clip incorrectly before, it would be nice if you could undo that to restore it - I appreciate this might not be possible on a unit like this but thought I would see what you think.

***Is there any news on when a new firmware version might be released for the MC101?
enorrmann

Post by enorrmann »

the ability to modify sounds on the mc 101 itself via sysex please please please :)
enorrmann

Post by enorrmann »

arp for external midi controllers ! not just for the 101's pads
EndoKrin

Post by EndoKrin »

The ability to [temporarily] disable the on/off power switch would be a huge relief. Due it it being very close to the heavily-relied on value knob, my hand/fingers often end up touching it unintentionally and have even turned the machine off by accident. Gripping the right corner of the machine to adjust the value knob is a very natural thing for the hand to do, making the power switch a cautious foe during sessions. From what ive read about the mc101's power switch, it doesnt actually power the unit off, it only sends a message to power the machine off. Making the switch temporarily disablable during use would be a life saver! I would hate for myself or any user to end up damaging their device while writing projects or updating firmware etc...That being said i absolutely love this box. Amazing job roland
enorrmann

Post by enorrmann »

EndoKrin wrote: 02:00, 5 December 2021 The ability to [temporarily] disable the on/off power switch would be a huge relief. Due it it being very close to the heavily-relied on value knob, my hand/fingers often end up touching it unintentionally and have even turned the machine off by accident. Gripping the right corner of the machine to adjust the value knob is a very natural thing for the hand to do, making the power switch a cautious foe during sessions. From what ive read about the mc101's power switch, it doesnt actually power the unit off, it only sends a message to power the machine off. Making the switch temporarily disablable during use would be a life saver! I would hate for myself or any user to end up damaging their device while writing projects or updating firmware etc...That being said i absolutely love this box. Amazing job roland
like the "now playing" message that is shown if you try to save a project while playing
TDB

Post by TDB »

Any updates when/if next firmware will be ready?

I’ve got another request - if possible have some option for the knobs to ‘zero’ if you do a combination press of a button such as shift and turn the knob. For example if pitch shifting something or adjusting decay etc and you want to quickly return to zero or default rather than having to manually turn to find it slowly you got snapped back to a default value. That would be good!
enorrmann

Post by enorrmann »

TDB wrote: 00:01, 12 December 2021 and you want to quickly return to zero or default rather than having to manually turn to find it slowly you got snapped back to a default value. That would be good!
that would be very useful
jkataky

Post by jkataky »

1. Ability to rerecord instead of overdub. Either this or the ability to cancel an overdub before we turn off recording.

2. Ability to change Drum pad midi notes. This would be incredibly useful for using with external gear/ samplers. It would make this an MPC killer for me as I use it with a korg microsampler..

3. Ability to Merge phrases from one clip to another.

Love the MC101 on the whole.

Thank you.
jkataky

Post by jkataky »

One more.

To make copying clips quicker can it be just like copying a scene? So you press and hold an empty clip slot and it will copy the current playing clip into it? This would make songwriting even quicker than having to go into the clip menu.

Thanks,
redfish71

Post by redfish71 »

For me the request is quite simple:

When switching to a track I'd prefer the pad mode to be saved. For example: you have a drum track on track 1, and a tone track on track 2.
You put track 2 on Note so you can play a melody. Then you switch to Track one to change a note in the sequencer. When you switch back to track 2, it will stay in the sequencer, but I'd prefer it to remember where I left off (note mode), so I don't have to push the note button again.

maybe they can do the same with the sound/filter/mod/fx shortcut. If you press clip/seq/note/scatter, it will change memory of last pad mode yes/no.

Small update after playing with it more

Update shown message when transposing:
Shift + a pad in note mode transposes the pads
Shift + while holding note will transpose the clip. This should be indicated in text pop up, now both will say transpose +2.

Need an option to reset all sound/filter/mod/fx settings to 0
If you change a knob while you changed the value good lucking getting it back to 0.

Manually set pad color for drum kits (so you know where the samples are), or more basically, color the high hats same color, toms same color, claps same color etc. I think this can be done automatically based on the category the sample is from.
TDB

Post by TDB »

Any news on another update? It’s been about a year now since the last firmware update. Hope this doesn’t mean Roland have abandoned the mc101!