How do I access Sound Packs on the MC101??

Roland's latest grooveboxes
JimDiGritz

How do I access Sound Packs on the MC101??

Post by JimDiGritz »

So I have read the manual, looked at the https://static.roland.com/assets/media/ ... ng04_W.pdf update and also watched the How-To video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9il_133CxSU

I can't access SoundPacks on my new MC101.

When I installed Roland Cloud Manager (after simply signing up) I saw that there was one 'Free' Soundpack - Futurepop in the Hardware MC101 'Store' page along with many paid for soundpacks.

I clicked the blue button on the Roland 'Store' page and the Futurepop pack shows up in my Library with Access - Unlocked.

First I downloaded and copied the .sdz (after unzipping) to the SD Card>ROLAND>SOUND directory. When I booted my MC101 and clicked a Tone Track (eg #2), clicked NOTE and scrolled the Value knob to SOUND FILE, it shows No Items at all...

So I put the SDCard back in the PC and deleted the .sdz and then Installed from the Cloud Manager directly to the SOUND Folder on the SDCard. It creates a folder called MCZ001_Ftrpop with the .sdz inside with a readme. I then boot this in the MC101 and after following the previous steps I can see F:MCZ001_Ftrpop in the SOUND FILE listing however clicking the Value Knob now just brings up a No Item message again... I was expecting a list of Presets to scroll through.

Finally I read some more forum messages which suggested I need to register my Hardware, so I followed the links and used my Serial number. This worked and oddly I now have 3 new SoundPacks (4 in total) in my Roland Cloud Library (Lo-Fi Throwback, Modern Afrobeats and Reggaeton Rhythms) these are different in that under the Access column they have Lifetime Key.

I installed these new sound packs from the Cloud Manager onto the SD Card (in the same SOUND folder - the Cloud Manager created a folder for each Soundpack) and they also appear in the Sound File list on the MC101, however they too just display No Item when I try to select them to browse their presets...

What am I missing???
farrellart

Re: How do I access Sound Packs on the MC101??

Post by farrellart »

I am having exactly the same issue. Like you, I have worked through the process to the letter. It still won't load. I think it might be a bug with the free sound pack.
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

I had the same problem and contacted Roland support. Here is their answer (and it worked...):
Production packs are installed in a different manner than Sound Expansions.

1. Download the production packs to your computer.

2. To transfer the MC-101 production pack to the MC-101, load the Production Pack folder into the Roland>Sound folder on the MC formatted SD card.

3. Safely eject the SD card and insert into the MC/MV

4a. To load a clip on the MC-101, press Clip,
4b. Select the clip that you would like to load the content onto by pressing any of the 1-16 pads.
4c. Press the Value knob to open the Clip menu.
4d. Turn the Value knob one degree clockwise to select Load Clip, press the Value knob to enter the Load Clip menu
4e. Rather than selecting Clip File, scroll to Sound File and press the Value knob to enter the Sound File menu.
4f. The MCZ Production Pack folders will be in the Sound File menu, press the Value knob to select the desired MCZ Production Pack folder. Press the Value knob again to enter the MCZ Production Pack folder.
4g. Use the Select Category screen to view individual categories of sounds, or select All and press the Value knob to view all available MCZ Clip elements in this folder.
4h. Use the Value knob to scroll through MCZ Clips, and press the Value knob to load the desired Clip.

5. This should complete the Load MCZ Clip file to track sequence.
Best regards, hobbit
farrellart

Post by farrellart »

hobbit wrote: 06:03, 20 June 2023 I had the same problem and contacted Roland support. Here is their answer (and it worked...):
Production packs are installed in a different manner than Sound Expansions.

1. Download the production packs to your computer.

2. To transfer the MC-101 production pack to the MC-101, load the Production Pack folder into the Roland>Sound folder on the MC formatted SD card.

3. Safely eject the SD card and insert into the MC/MV

4a. To load a clip on the MC-101, press Clip,
4b. Select the clip that you would like to load the content onto by pressing any of the 1-16 pads.
4c. Press the Value knob to open the Clip menu.
4d. Turn the Value knob one degree clockwise to select Load Clip, press the Value knob to enter the Load Clip menu
4e. Rather than selecting Clip File, scroll to Sound File and press the Value knob to enter the Sound File menu.
4f. The MCZ Production Pack folders will be in the Sound File menu, press the Value knob to select the desired MCZ Production Pack folder. Press the Value knob again to enter the MCZ Production Pack folder.
4g. Use the Select Category screen to view individual categories of sounds, or select All and press the Value knob to view all available MCZ Clip elements in this folder.
4h. Use the Value knob to scroll through MCZ Clips, and press the Value knob to load the desired Clip.

5. This should complete the Load MCZ Clip file to track sequence.
Best regards, hobbit

Thank you so much! There should be more people sharing solutions on this forum.