Midi Rx Notes

Roland's latest grooveboxes
UserXY

Midi Rx Notes

Post by UserXY »

I want to control Play/Stop and BPM from my Electribe (Master), but not receive any notes or any sequence or pattern from my Master device to my MC101. Is there any option to filter midi receive note messages or disable midi channel in MC101's tracks ?
I saw volume, and Pan could be enable or disable in track Rx settings, but nothing about Notes, just there is in Tx.

Thanks!
GMayle

Re: Midi Rx Notes

Post by GMayle »

Change your Electribe's MIDI output channel to one not used by the MC-101, that's the easiest way. The Electribes send out MIDI for all 16 tracks (the ESX2 does anyway), I think you can turn off MIDI on the Electribe for each track, and it should still send MIDI sync. If you have the MC101 set at MIDI 13,14,15,16 and turn of the Electribe's last 4 channel's MIDI output, you can still use the Electribe's tracks 1 - 12 to play other MIDI devices.
UserXY

Post by UserXY »

GMayle wrote: 23:35, 13 March 2023 Change your Electribe's MIDI output channel to one not used by the MC-101, that's the easiest way. The Electribes send out MIDI for all 16 tracks (the ESX2 does anyway), I think you can turn off MIDI on the Electribe for each track, and it should still send MIDI sync. If you have the MC101 set at MIDI 13,14,15,16 and turn of the Electribe's last 4 channel's MIDI output, you can still use the Electribe's tracks 1 - 12 to play other MIDI devices.
Thanks for your answer. I am doing that right now, but I don't want to lose neither 1 or 4 channels from my master device. It should be an option to disable Rx Notes from externar devices, because there is that option to Tx Notes.
Electribe is an old device, it has not a lot of options, like disable midi tracks is not available, but it has a MIDI filter to send Program Changes or Midi Notes, but I can't filter that because MC101 is not the only devices connected in the chain.
I cross my fingers waiting for that update and others...
thanks
Acitizen23

Post by Acitizen23 »

Better late then never ; esx emx , MIDI send filter OOOO , or simply change the Channels ( set all to 10 whatever )
E2 (s) general settings midi send filter short - pr.contrl… fixed , dont forget to save while in settings!
UserXY

Post by UserXY »

Acitizen23 wrote: 21:47, 14 September 2023 Better late then never ; esx emx , MIDI send filter OOOO , or simply change the Channels ( set all to 10 whatever )
E2 (s) general settings midi send filter short - pr.contrl… fixed , dont forget to save while in settings!
I think doesn't work, the issue is in my MC101 not in Korg, I can't filter RX Midi Notes in the devices.
Thanks anyways