Loading a wav onto a grid slot

Roland's latest grooveboxes
FoundSounds

Loading a wav onto a grid slot

Post by FoundSounds »

Is there a way to import a wav into a grid slot instead of what I’m doing right now which is importing a wav into a tone track then sequencing C3 for the length of the wav as a way to get a bunch more audio clips into my session.
GMayle

Re: Loading a wav onto a grid slot

Post by GMayle »

Simplest way is to have 2/3 drum machines in your tunes. Import the samples from SD card in the Sample Util. Assign the samples to the pads of the drum machine. Turn the Release for each pad to 0. To play the whole sample back, select the pad, put a single note at the start of the pattern for the pad, press Func and all the steps (one by one) after the initial note. This will play the sample for the selected steps. Setting the drum machine at 1/8 speed rather than 1/16, and the Max Step to 128, will give you about 30 seconds of sample play at 120 BPM. If you copy the Drum Machine to the clip below, you can select another sample to play. This is how we put vocals into the MC707, and it can be used for any type of sample. If you have a really long sample, 2 mins or similar, load it into a tone track, set a single note sequence longer than the number of steps, ie 16 step sequence, set the single note at 17 steps, it will not retrigger the sample, but will play the whole 2 mins. You can define how long it plays, i.e 90 seconds, by setting up a scene for the single clip with the required length in measures, before it moves on to the next clip.