Midi Parameter CC mapping is the KILLER feature but its got big problems

Roland's music creation app
Dustyatx

Midi Parameter CC mapping is the KILLER feature but its got big problems

Post by Dustyatx »

Let me start by saying; I'd argue is this is a huge distinguisher as no other DAW that I know on IOS lets you map your hardware to your plugins. Given how many plugins do not include this feature by default it's a huge advantage for Zenbeats.

First off this parameter mapping needs to be saved on the global level. It's a slog to constantly map CCs everytime I start a new song or a new instance of the plug..

The issue that I'm seeing is that many synths have tons of parameters and they are not ordered when presented in the interface. It would be super helpful if we had a search feature that would help narrow down the number of options. So if i search OSC it shows me all the OSC related parameters and nothing else (assuming that's in the parameter name.

The other thing I've seen is there is a lot of instability here. I try to map a parameter and it crashes the plugin There are times where I try to move a parameter slider and nothing happens. Other times I move it and try to map a CC and nothing happens.. I do that a few times and it finally takes.

Please please please, invest the time.. I know many IOS musicians don't have hardware but a huge number of us do. There are so many low cost devices out for $100 or so that it's totally accessible for everyone.. Given Roland is a hardware company, I'd hope you see this as a priority as I do.