V 3.0 update - a buggy mess - avoid

Roland's music creation app
NormalHuman

V 3.0 update - a buggy mess - avoid

Post by NormalHuman »

So Roland dropped the version 3.0 update and this place is a ghost town.
I wish I hadn't updated because on android Zenbeats has gone from a just about functioning app to a practically unusable buggy mess.
And besides that this update adds no new features in the free version and only a beat slicer and drum editor in the paid version not something I would use anyway, my samples are already prepared in Wavelab on Windows or Wave editor on android.
Memory monitor is now permanently at 100% and multicore is still completely unusable.
It struggles with just one instance of ZC1 and ZR1, and midi learn has been removed not that it ever worked for me In the old version.
My favorite colour scheme has been removed and Roland have informed me that this will be returned in a forthcoming patch.
There are problems loading old tracks, automation being messed up, not being able to edit effects on the main channel, unfreezing doesn't work as expected if at all, and the thing has crashed multiple times and a few times totally frozen my phone forcing a hard reboot.
I could go on but I think you get the picture.
yul2000

Re: V 3.0 update - a buggy mess - avoid

Post by yul2000 »

They have been updating it even until today.

Works fine here. Highly recommended.

Seems like the very best idea coming from Roland since a while.

I am all in.
NormalHuman

Post by NormalHuman »

Yeah patch 3.0.4 has sorted some issues, my point was if you've got old tracks made in previous versions and you want them to load correctly then don't install the 3.0 update.

On android it is still far from perfect, I'm not gonna list all the problems again, don't get me wrong I really like using Zenbeats the drum machine is especially good and if and when they get multicore working would be even better.
yul2000

Post by yul2000 »

I am still really liking this and now I spend most of my time with it (Windows).

The supplied Roland sounds and effects are a really nice addition (unlocked version). I mean the included modules especially ZC1, Sampleverse etc are high quality and easy to program. External VSTi's complement it perfectly.

Multicore is supported here last time I checked.

Enjoy your music making. Cheers