Ext control via MIDI in to Fantom..disappointing

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
IkerG

Re: Ext control via MIDI in to Fantom..disappointing

Post by IkerG »

xp30 wrote: 08:31, 10 August 2022
I think this statement is not quite correct: Yes, some parameters are ignored, for example, keyboard range and velocity range. However, some parameters are also respected, and AFAIK transpose and octave are two of them.
I just tried it again, and pretty sure it doesn't respond to transpose however it does respond to Octave, Coarse and Fine Tune. Anyhow, the biggie here is the key ranges.

On the programming key-ranges directly in the tones, it seems there is no work around with SuperNatural tones, those parameters seem not available (unless I get this wrong again, still very new with the unit).

I wrote to Roland Support about this MIDI lack of functionality and yes, it is by design, and by the way they answered (very much avoiding what is the criteria to do it this way) almost like a taboo... it's not going to change any time soon or ever. Led me to think...Hmmm, might be a marketing requirement, negate the possibility of the user to have a second full functioning Fantom for free on stage via MIDI in...think about it.

Oh!, How easy is to get "conspirational" on this times. :-)