MIDI command on how to automatically run the song sequence?

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
gfan80

MIDI command on how to automatically run the song sequence?

Post by gfan80 »

Hi !

I was reading through the Fantom documentation, and I am baffled on this issue because there might seem to be no answer or likely not possible.

I am well aware that there are midi messages we can send to change scenes at certain points in software like Logic, even at certain points in the song. I find that to be very helpful.

I plan to use a setlist builder for a live show and I plan to have it control my Fantom's scenes via Midi commands - much like how logic does it.

One of the things I also want to do when I call up the specific scene is I want a MIDI command also sent to direct the Fantom to also trigger and play the song that I arranged on my Fantom.

Does anyone know how to do it and/or where I can find the midi command that triggers the Fantom's play button?
xp30

Re: MIDI command on how to automatically run the song sequence?

Post by xp30 »

gfan80 wrote: 22:12, 14 May 2023 One of the things I also want to do when I call up the specific scene is I want a MIDI command also sent to direct the Fantom to also trigger and play the song that I arranged on my Fantom.

Does anyone know how to do it and/or where I can find the midi command that triggers the Fantom's play button?
See the MIDI implementation document for the Fantom-0. In section 3.3 (Messages acknowledged for synchronization), it mentions that the MIDI realtime message START (hex code FA) is recognized when Sync Mode parameter (SYSTEM:SYNC/TEMPO) is set to EXTERNAL or REMOTE.