Your eq settings - Fantom 0

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
MFrost

Your eq settings - Fantom 0

Post by MFrost »

What are your EQ settings to get a better sound on the line out your Fantom?

greetings
Mike
xp30

Re: Your eq settings - Fantom 0

Post by xp30 »

MFrost wrote: 18:58, 13 May 2023 What are your EQ settings to get a better sound on the line out your Fantom?
You asked a similar question before (https://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic ... 72&t=68998). However, it is not clear to me what the problem is. Does that line out on your Fantom sound different than the digital outputs (via audio-over-USB or via internal sampling and export to a thumb drive)?

If you connect the Fantom directly to powered speakers (e.g. small gigs), then the master EQ is useful to adjust the tone for the room you are playing in. In most other cases, I would not use the master EQ. You can make adjustments to individual tones using the partial EQs, the zone EQs and the EQs in the MFX and IFX slots.
dabassment

Re: Your eq settings - Fantom 0

Post by dabassment »

firstly; output gain in settings to 12db, boost lows and highs 1-3db, turned down output on eq input gain 4db, then adjust each zone accordingly with the zone eqs. good place to start and tweak to your liking, i was looking for this question and never got a good answer. hope this helps!