New Fantom 06 Owner - Rebate/UPC Question

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
billw

New Fantom 06 Owner - Rebate/UPC Question

Post by billw »

Hello!

I just bought a new Fantom 06 after seeing the Roland $200 rebate offer. My keyboard arrived yesterday, but the UPC labels on either end of the box had large, opaque, white stickers over them which makes them useless. You can't even read them, let alone remove one of them from the box, so there's no way I can apply for the rebate.

Has anybody else seen this?

Thanks,
Bill
gospelmusic4life

Re: New Fantom 06 Owner - Rebate/UPC Question

Post by gospelmusic4life »

May be better to contact Roland directly and let them know the issue. They might work something out for you.
billw

Post by billw »

Yeah, thanks, I've already sent them a message and will call them on Monday. I haven't opened the box yet and will just return it if they can't figure it out.
thedecider

Post by thedecider »

On July 10 I purchased a Fantom-06, and FedEx messed up delivery and gave it to someone else. I've been back and forth with them and the retailer since, and I'm finally having a replacement sent to me. I should have it tomorrow.

Last night, I saw the rebate email from Roland stating that purchases are eligible beginning July 13. I'd really hate to miss out after this tenuous transaction. I still don't even have the instrument and it's 2 weeks later.

Does anyone know if Roland would consider helping me once it's here?
billw

Post by billw »

That's frustrating. My advice would be to get the paperwork out as soon as you get the keyboard. I think it has to be postmarked within 30 days from time of purchase.

You can try to contact Roland support and explain the situation, but I'm not sure how much they can help. I opened an online ticket and they wrote back advising that I send in a picture of the serial number on my 06 in lieu of the UPC stickers, but in the end, we managed to remove one of covered UPC stickers from the box and include that.

Good luck!