Merging two backup files

Forum for the Fantom-0 workstation/synthesizer
Jayp17

Merging two backup files

Post by Jayp17 »

Hi there, I have just bought a backup file from one of my friends and I was just wondering how I could merge it together with my current backup file if that was possible. This is to get both sets of sounds from each backup into one that I can have access to all without having to switch constantly. Thanks!
xp30

Re: Merging two backup files

Post by xp30 »

Jayp17 wrote: 15:08, 1 August 2023 Hi there, I have just bought a backup file from one of my friends and I was just wondering how I could merge it together with my current backup file if that was possible. This is to get both sets of sounds from each backup into one that I can have access to all without having to switch constantly. Thanks!
Let's call your backup AAA and your friend's backup BBB, and let's assume that the current state of the Fantom can be discarded. Then you can do the following:
  • Restore the backup BBB into the Fantom (overwriting all existing data on the Fantom).
  • Export the scenes that you want to copy into a new file CCC.
  • Restore the backup AAA into the Fantom (overwriting again all existing data on the Fantom).
  • Import the scenes from the file CCC. During the import, you can select the new locations.
I guess you can simplify the steps, because it should be possible to import individual scenes from a backup. In this case, the steps would be:
  • Restore the backup AAA into the Fantom (overwriting all existing data on the Fantom).
  • Use IMPORT SCENE function to import scenes from the backup BBB. In the file browser, you can find the backups in the directory ROLAND/FANTOM/BACKUP.